New AR user

Tell me oh tell me

OK, I only have a small homestudio (synthcave more actually)

Can’t go further, I lost my Flamish in El Segundo…
What were we sayin’ already ?
Damn, my AR is calling me again. Here I come baby.

1 Like

Goodnight :wink:

I saw the light :sunglasses:

5 Likes

How is the display? All good?

Well TBH, it was the first thing I saw…the light :innocent:

…and the OS version

1 Like

Glad that worked out for you! ps remember to calibrate the machine if pitch tracking seems way off on the 1.30 updated machines :nyan:

The AR had OS1.30C installed so I had to do an update to OS1.30D first.
My C6 in Windows 10 did see the AR after some time messing with different USB slots.
Intallation is done and right now the unit is baking for two hours to do a calibration.

Calibration succesfull.
Time to explore this little box

2 Likes

And ? Like it ?:smiley:

And no one ever saw him again… He’ll enjoy it too much to come back.

:joy:

1 Like

In fact : YES
I’ll keep it simple for the moment, listening to the presets using mute, playing with the filters and effects, explore the directory and when something goes unpredicted …just load the project from scratch.
It somewhat reminds me of my MPC2500 when diving into the menu, a lot of “hidden” things.

Yesterday I spend watching television for the MEGA CUCKOO tutorial which was really helpful.

A small remark about the track editing, display shows the pad number like “A1” instead of the sound name which is assigned to it, so you have to guess which sound is where in the pad field.

The AR sounds amazing and that’s my trigger to keep it.

yes it doesn’t show your sound’s name but you still know it’s a snar or bass drum because it only occupies that part of the pads which are used for those sounds, for samples it’s a bit different but I intend to use always the same pad for samples so you always know that that pad contains a sample. And yes cuckoo video’s are really helpful he practically learns me everything I know about the rytm.

Keep coming back if you want to know something, people are really helpful here , there is no shame in learning.

1 Like

Don’t worry, I will …till your done with me :grin:

Or until you’re done with the Rytm!
But seriously put the time in and you’ll never let it go, throw the box away…

I always keep boxes, even though i’d never sell any of my gear, good to have if needed to send back for some reason!

Yes the void called (@Callofthevoid) and elucidated me to that potential problem, never thought of that as I’ve not had a problem with anything before (studio collapses in background, obligatory pieces roll to my twitching feet!) but yeah you are also right!
I hate boxes! It’s bad enough smuggling the hardware past the good wife but the box is a little harder to hide, Elektron need to make their boxes look like Addidas trainers or something!
Or I have to commission some ‘Converse Rytm’ sneakers!

2 Likes