New AR user

edit

jacco,

ik denk dat weinig mensen problemen hebben met de Elektron apparatuur. Bij normaal gedag gaat het apparaat heel erg lang mee. Natuurlijk brand het scherm in wanneer je altijd je synth aan laat staan. Er zijn altijd update problemen… Er zijn altijd mensen die niet het juiste geluid eruit kunnen halen en zeggen dat het aan de engine komt. Er zijn altijd mensen die meer lfo’s willen, meer engines, meer pads, zachtere pads, enzovoorts…

je kan je synth natuurlijk altijd bij bax kopen, alles heel netjes houden en 60 dagen uitproberen.

Ik kom er heel langzaam achter hoe goed deze apparatuur is. het zou volgens mij jammer zijn te snel te oordelen.

groet Wouter

1 Like

Hallo Wouter,

ik las je review bij BAX, daar heb ik de Rytm vorige week gekocht.
Fijn dat jouw ervaringen goed zijn.
Ik weet dat de Rytm erg goed kan klinken en, belangrijker nog, analoog is.
Maar een doosje in deze prijsklasse moet toch heus onberispelijk qua betrouwbaaarheid zijn vind ik.
Ik twijfel daar aan (nog steeds).

1 Like

Hey Flamish people !
Geen problem met Nederlands yet you might consider PM for not universal English conversations please ^^

It feels weird :smiley:

1 Like

:smile: Solly

I don’t think reaching out in your native tongue is an issue btw, but it does close the door on further comment …

The LCD issue potentially arises if the device is not used for a long time and disappears when the device is used for a bit … if it’s even there at all in an unopened schroedinger’s box … if the issue is going to be anything other than that trivial one then you’d know straight away … I find it slightly bewildering that you should be claiming the software is unfinished or the device is faulty or not user-friendly when you have no experience, passing off opinion as if it were fact is not helpful … ps, there is a setting within the Test Mode for the AR which will cycle the screen Black then White to purge this potential for the component to go off if unused … this LCD shape is used on Three/Four Elektron devices now … really no need to focus on this

With all due respect, whilst you should absolutely do what you feel is best for whatever reason and you don’t need to justify to anyone here, but, honestly, you’re reasoning is based on the very misguided interpretation of a few non issues (when you give it due perspective) … none of those you listed are in any way anything to be concerned about (unless you don’t leave the house for fear of being hit by a falling piano) … except perhaps one or two users have reported voice board issues after failing calibration on new OS installs, this has presumably only been the case because those units were made and tested before the new OS (with more machines to cater & factory test components for) was introduced

I’m trying to say this with kindness, the device may not be for you … but that is far more likely to be for legitimate subjective aspects and it is slightly bizarre to be caught up on these points … and trust me … I am without doubt far more fussy than 99.9% of users and I was just as troubled when I picked up my MS20mini, but that turned out to be the best single synth voice I ever owned, I’m glad my obsession with the VCA thumps didn’t sway me … I can honestly say I have never given the matter a second thought since (witness the obsession and revelation here)

I know how incredible the AR is for me as a package sonically, if it was half as well made and still sounded this good I could not care a bit, it is that big a deal to hear this thing in action, I’ve only loaded about a dozen samples to experiment with, not even tapped that side yet … it is a joy, but all Elektron devices need time to learn … AR probably the least, but it’s still very deep and I’m getting new sounds from it all the time

I’m surprised you haven’t brought up the ‘firm pads’ issue as that has been doing the rounds for ever, but tbh, even forewarned I was not sure what the fuss was about when I got mine … the pads are small though (tricky for two hand rolls) and on the firm side for sure, never been an issue but the feel may not match your expectation if you’re used to other pad devices

6 Likes

So…

… I’ll keep it boxed for one more night.
Tomorrow I have a day off from work and when my mood is like “I’ll give it a try” the AR will be released from it’s darkness.
As mentioned before, all is ready to inject it with OS1:30D via C6.
A 126 page printed manual, YouTube, Elektronauts and a lot of luck and probably headache :smile:

1 Like

Nein, Ich lebe… @@ error@@:grin:

No, I live near Rotterdam

1 Like

Ik heb gezien wat jij hebt gemaakt !!
:loopy:

Say what??

Who?

Just left Rotterdam, had a studio at zomerhofstraat, live in the other amazing city now

Tell me oh tell me

OK, I only have a small homestudio (synthcave more actually)

Can’t go further, I lost my Flamish in El Segundo…
What were we sayin’ already ?
Damn, my AR is calling me again. Here I come baby.

1 Like

Goodnight :wink:

I saw the light :sunglasses:

5 Likes

How is the display? All good?

Well TBH, it was the first thing I saw…the light :innocent:

…and the OS version

1 Like