New AR user

Yes I think we’ve most agree on that. And when you starting ! it’s best to start by the roots of the synthesis rather to jump directly in the Layering. Of course we spoke there on mainly on drums subject if you intend to use your AR in a more general way like a … let’s say an akaï MPC or a groovebox (assembling drums and melodic sample, voice sample) it’s ok go directly with sample. But just have in mind Drum Layering is not as so easy as it can sound at first… The AR does not separated the sound processing it’s glue together and processing then. BUT for Drum Layering I prefer to prepare my layers before and then upload in the AR because EQing, Croping, Fades, timing is the key to a great Drum Layering and you can’t do that better than in the microscopic fine tuning a software on a computer gives you all that precision you should wait.

Yes pay attention to that I really agree on this point too !!!

Got it!!

Hi! I’m also a new Rytm user… just passing by to state how amazed I am with this incredible instrument.

I previously used an Analog Four, so all I had to do was learning the analog machines. I’ve done so much within a couple of days - this thing is even more inspiring than the A4…

I’m currently trying to start transferring some samples from other synths and start using some synth chords and vocal stuff.

For drums, I’m actually satisfied with the analog engine. Maybe in the future I’ll try stacking some samples to my drum sounds…

Cheers!

1 Like

There’s SDS drop made by Void. Very intuitive(once you get the general gist of creating folders and selecting upload spots) after that it’s drag and drop(just not on the pads). Pretty quick upload times. Only 10 bucks.

The synth parameters are pretty versatile and you can, no doubt, do a lot with them; but if you invest the smallest amount of time going through the arduous task of getting samples into the machine then your sound potential increases exponentially. The samples sound GREAT layered, and you can make a lot of weird sounds with various features of the machine(ie lfo on the sample slot, create sound waves through the granular features of loop start/stop and even the scene/performance features where you can alternate between the synthesis and samples at the push of a pad!)

Highly worth the chore of loading up the machine! Hopefully they’ll implement a drag and drop option soonish, until then SRS drop all the way!

Good luck!

Edit: I fixed my information because I’m too vain to let my error ride, and included this addendum to ensure LyingDalai’s reply still makes sense. I apologize for the confusion, and I thank you for your cooperation

1 Like

You mean SDS Drop :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Right! #Mornings

3 Likes

Ready for unpacking the beast :smile:

2 Likes

Ha, at first glance I thought you’d taken delivery of the RYTM Boutique model with only 8 pads and no transport or trig keys :grinning:

8 Likes

laugh explosion :joy:

This weekend …AR time!

As adviced by you guys, update first.
C6 installing on my Windows PC, USB to AR, OS 1.30 file, right?

Since this a laptop without MIDI software this will work?

Since this a laptop without MIDI software this will work?

Midi is transfered over USB, and C6 is bidirectional software.
So yes and OS 1.30D don’t forget to speak on OS with the letter as this is the letter everybody follow as up-to-date or not

Thank you William, clear.

No AR user after all…

After reading too many negative topics I don’t think me and AR become friends.

This unit will return to the shop

Negative topics on what ? on your thread bassmaster ? it’s just AR is not a sampler after all Octatrack is a sampler so it’s dealing with sample better. you have a card player on it so transferring is drag and drop. and fast depend of your card specifications. AR is not a sampler. it’s a drum machine with sample layering capabilities. That’s really not the same !!! it can be a groovebox beast ! but if you intend to fill it with let’s say 2 gig of loops that’s not going to work unless you be patient for the time to upload… or you are in a selective way of sample before to send to the AR.

That’s all.

You should not considered AR like a NI Maschine kind of Hardware. Sample is transferred by MIDI it’s not slow but it’s not fast as a hard drive. you know that when you buy it.

Hello William,

All your comments about sampler, slow etc is not the case for me.
I know what this AR is about, I bought this for the analog sounds.
The sampleplayer is just an extra.
For that I have an MPC.
The AR isn’t finished some way.
The LCD did it finally but main complain is the trial and error software.

Before you return it, I advise to spend time with the unit alone, get some beat and just turn the knobs while Live recording.
Mess with the retrigs, the conditional trigs.

I can’t believe one can master this unit in a week time.

what is that, just curious, out of interest, because I honestly cannot even guess what you mean ?

1 Like