NAMM 2018 - News, Announcements hopes and rumours

My mental work state right now made me LOL to this - thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

That look on the dude’s face :smiley:

I love how coy y’all are

So excited though!

All projects led by Tats Takahashi, who left in 2017:

I think Tats is still doing some consulting for them.

Roland kind of lost their way for a bit after their visionary founder, who has a big champion of guitar synths, died. Seems like they’re slowly finding their way back though, with their analog synth collaborations with Malekko and Studio Electronics. Was kind of looking for some news on the “Boutique Designer Series” because the SE-02 was supposed to be just the first of the series, but my heart ain’t broken by the lack of it. Perhaps they’ll have something ready for Messe 2018?

My tastes seem to be headed towards less mainstream synth makers but I won’t hate on Roland or Korg unless either company pulls a Nestle or Wells Fargo

2 Likes
9 Likes

oh my, I never had any interest in the PO’s but seen that sampler… I def. want one, gosh

1 Like

PO-33 sick, fills in one of the gaps that the Volca Sample didn’t.

2 Likes

Yup, this is just what I hoped it would be. This looks just about as immediate as an SK-1. Ordered.

KO is well more interesting than I expected. Looks like it will be a lot of fun to carry that one about with you for quick sampling and mucking about. At last, something that’s piqued my interest from NAMM 2018.

4 Likes

Product page up with specs and videos

https://teenage.engineering/products/po/metal

1 Like

Oh look it has a game and looks like an 80s calcuator without an outer case or button caps. How cute.

Is there anything similar for iphone? It looks like something that could be done with an app…

I’m gassing for Speak so, so bad. It seems like it has so much potential, from being a kind of a faux vocoder to weird robot noise machine to being a drum machine. Really unique idea, it seems like it’s well executed. I really like the adjustable scale.

1 Like

Welp it looks like I’m buying the entire PO-3x range

3 Likes

Probably, but I don’t have an iPhone. In any case, using these tiny buttons would still be more enjoyable than a touch screen!

If I didn’t already have the tonic would have ordered the 3 pack as nice saving on the cases.

Same!

Well just ordered, says they are in stock so should have them soonish.

1 Like

Hers the „Modular Microvolt 3900“ from Pittsburgh Modular.

It has everything a synth needs and can do wave folding. 39 Patch points. Available in April for approximately 630$

13 Likes

WOW that looks great!

Microvolt is probably the most exciting thing so far! I wonder how much will it cost in EU though. The only thing I don’t like about it is the tiny knobs for already steep price compared to the competition. A real competitor to 0-coast, right about time for Make Noise to answer :slight_smile:

2 Likes