Mutable Instruments Plaits

https://mutable-instruments.net/modules/plaits/

4 Likes

lol same time, mods feel free to delete mine
what a lovely module ticks so many of my boxes

2 Likes

Can’t no longer resist. Must buy a case. Mutable instruments keep producing insanly awesome moduls. I want every single module from them.
GAS so much GAS!

1 Like

I Just reduced my my modular system down to Clouds and Maths…but this …this is a must have! Need a Rackbrute too…

I love mutable, but there are many more amazing companies in eurorack land :slight_smile:

Ordered :wink:

Perfect for my small holiday jam case

Yes. That’s the problem XD So hard to resist!

2 Likes

Ordered as well :grin:

please no, don’t make me go this path again :hushed:

1 Like

I have 2 Braids but I’ll grab this beauty too, I’m running out of space!
:space_invader:

1 Like

I had Braids, loved it, but replaced it with µBraids due to my extremely limited space.
But µBraids is a bit fiddly.
Can’t decide if I sell it when I get Plaits, and finally get a filter in my rack.
Or keep it and have a power Braids/plaits oscillator combo

1 Like

ordered yesterday :slight_smile:

woop

The spacerack conspires against us at every turn.
Good luck :cry:

1 Like

What a day! TR8S in the morning and now a successor of my favourite oscillator module.

1 Like

TR8s very uninteresting. But Plaits…man…GAS. Plan to Connect .my A4 to it and modulate the …

what can Plaits do what Braids can´t??

Oliver G. mention also new Clouds and Peaks coming … so what will be the names? :smiley:

• It has three parameters per osc mode instead of two. So more sound shaping possibilities.
  • Two different sounding outputs. If you crossfade between them you can see it as a 4th. sound shaping parameter.
  • Attenuators for most CV inputs.
  • 100$/€ less expensive
  • Much, much higher audio quality (it uses a twice as fast processor)
  • Smaller
4 Likes

Some other additional features:

• Meta mode has a dedicated cv input now.
  • It has a built in low pass gate with a dedicated decay envelope, so you can darken harmonically rich sounds and might not need an external filter. Also great for percussion sounds.
  • No display, everything is on the panel (besides a short cut for lowpass gate decay)
  • It has two modes of rings implemented, with different internal exciters
  • It has fewer modes, but synthesis related models have been combined together in a senseful manner. So easier to handle and to get an overview I assume
2 Likes

Nice presentation showing a lot of insteresting features. The built in envelope generator is now much easier to access. It is by default routed to FM parameter which means that you don´t need an external envelope to create snappy sounds.

2 Likes

Looks great and it’s Easter soon, if you catch my drift :wink: