Music made with Octatrack

Ez guys.

I was trying to find a thread about music made with the OT but couldn’t find any.
If posting your music is off limits, I understand that well, so please do remove this if that is the case.

I got the OT some months ago and I’ve been try to study its ins and outs before making a lot of music with it.
Even though I’ve been making music since 1992 and have a lot of experience with DAWs, MPCs, etc., the OT definitely took some learning.
I think I’m finally where I should be with it, and thought I’d post my first two tunes done with it.
Both of these were made maybe 75% with the OT, then recorded to DAW for further editing, arrangement and mixing/mastering. But the bulk and the vibe and ideas were definitely made with the OT.

You can check the tunes on Bandcamp (no price): https://fanu.bandcamp.com/album/octatrack-2-tracker
Or Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/fanufatgyver/sets/octatrack-2-tracker-download

Also been working on some hiphop with it, which I haven’t seen people do that much with OT.
I love the slicing function and all the little tricks you can do…the “programming” aspect seems to suit me well.
Would love to see and hear what others have been doing with it just for vibes and inspiration.
Post yours!

10 Likes

Really great!

Hell yes! Both tracks sound great.

Really nice work here, Fanu.

Super nice !!

Your tunes are a real throwback, man. Props :thumbsup: :punch: :zap:
Also checking out The Silent Watcher

Great breaks.
Big DnB fan since the early Grooverider / Good Looking times.

Hey thanks all! :slight_smile: Glad you like them.

Hey Fanu, nice tunes! Very impressive work. Been a fan of your stuff for years now.

If you had a moment, it would be great if you could jot down some quick thoughts on the recording process from Octatrack to DAW. Did it go smoothly? What were the pain points, if any, and how did you resolve them? It would be great to hear from a veteran junglist on this.

I’m currently working hard on moving to hardware as the jumping off point for my compositions and would love to hear any tips from someone who recently went through it. Thanks for these tunes!

Impressive DnB! Great work :aw:

Here’s a techno (?) track I made with mostly OT (+ Pulse 2, and little A4).
Acean “Paintwerks” on Bandcamp

hey. nice tracks and nice thread.

some of my mostly done on the ot tracks. with some help of a nord rack 2x and samples of course :content: hope you like it.

3 Likes

This is fantastic.

1 Like

No pain points; I just did it as manually as possible, haha.
Soloed each track at a time and just recorded it that way.
Not the fastest way, I know (e.g., I couldve connected all the outs to my desk and route its tracks to my UAD and record all in one go), but I couldn’t be arsed, ha. Recorded everything one by one.

I really love working with hardware, taking the song as far as it can go, then recording everything to DAW for quicker, further editing. Really combines the best of both worlds.

Thanks for your response! That is good to know.

4 days’n’nites with her, … made just this… :smiley:

my second :

1 Like