MPC1000 PC to A4

Hi folks,

Had a bit of a search around and not been able to find anything anywhere else regarding this query so thought I’d ask you lovely lot.

I’m using my MPC1000 with JJOSXL2 to sequence the A4 and an Arturia Microbrute. I’m trying to find the most efficient method of changing the A4 patterns using the MPC: I’ve come up with the following issues:

[ul]
[li]JJSOXL2 enables you to set a PC with each sequence, separate to the actual MIDI messages sent using the sequencer. I’ve found that even when the A4 sequencer is set to Direct Start it will function as if Sequential mode is selected: it won’t change the pattern at the start of the MPC sequence, instead queuing up the pattern, meaning that the pattern won’t change to the next one until the first has finished playing. Not much use.
[/li]
[li]I’ve also tried using the MIDI step edit in the MPC to set a PC change message just before the end of a MPC sequence and before the next starts, anticipating the the Sequential-style delay. This works, however it’s not ideal: I’d have to program a separate Sequence in the MPC to include the PC, anad each time I stop the sequencer and change the sequence back to the start, I also have to set the Analog Four manually using the Bank Group buttons. [/li]
[/ul]

I understand this is probably a minor annoyance but I’m interested to see if I’m missing something obvious. I’m no expert with MIDI, or either machine.

Thanks!

There was a discussion about a “direct jump bug” recently dealilng with the Analog Rytm …

AFAIK the AR and the A4 share the same sequencer and it might be that your issues are linked to this.

I don’t think you missed something but you might have run into an unsolved problem.