MPC to Octatrack... Thoughts?

keep waiting, this thing needs to be developed … and AKAI didn’t finished jet

1 Like

Different users, different experiences. I had an OT and struggled to write tracks on it, every time I ended up just mangling audio, on the Live I write complete tracks, with synths, samples and fx. Sure, in standalone there is no automation editing, but at the end of the day, I can live without them, if I really need to edit something without deleting it, I pop in controller mode.
Ot and Live are 2 different things, sure both can sample and sequence but have different ‘philosophies’.

2 Likes

i second this, and by the way you can use the OT for extra long audiofiles to play

I don’t have a Live so I can’t comment on it’s functionalities but I do use both a SP16 and a Octatrack and they complement each other very well. The SP16 is very immediate, it does what it does and does it really well, the Octatrack is a construction set, like a box full of Lego bricks. Each part can be a different device (or several devices at once) and serve a different purpose. So you need to study how to use the bricks to makes devices. If I only had the Octatrack, I would definitely get a secondary sampler for immediacy, like the Live or the SP16.

1 Like

If you don’t like reading manuals, I’d argue the Octatrack maybe isn’t for you.
Is densely complex in places…you’ll get a lot of the way via you tube vids… But the manual is pretty important

1 Like

Yeah dont get an octatrack if reading a manual makes you cringe lol although id reccomend trying to overcome the desire to never have to learn because i guarantee youre using about 25% of your equipments capabilities if youre not reading their manuals

It actually mildly offends me that you are averse to learning about this stuff. Good luck!

Pretty sur Octatrack v3 will be released before that, I mean, we’re talking « Akai » + « software improvement », right ?

1 Like

If I would be playing live and/or could justify another sampler, this is exactly what I would do.

1 Like