MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

That wasn’t for sure though, just Nick speculating.

1 Like

posted in this thread… look up sir

Could I be able to sync my OP-1 with the MPC Live with the USB cable? If so, what a battery operated setup!!! Add a Volca x or Pocket Operator and you have a pretty complete setup in your backpack!

1 Like

Op-1 should show up as a midi controller as it’s class compliant.

So it can beat sync? I really hope so!!! :loopy:

1 Like

MPC Live’s 8 audio tracks + 64 voice sampler would be a wonderful companion to the OP-1’s various synth/fx environments. A flexible relationship that would overcome some of OP-1’s limitations (4 mono tracks tape), for sure!

1 Like

I think it would be a great harmonious relationship, opposite attract. The odd couple of sample workstations.

2 Likes

Yep but he’s just the ‘bastard’ that owns inmusic, not one of the minions who designs and makes this amazing hardware - and Roger’s done alright.

Karma will balance it.

Do you have any recommendations for a vocal mic to plug into the MPC Live? I’m looking for something that wouldn’t need a preamp.

I have read from user reviews that they ditched some of their MPD midi controller product lines - i.e. the MPD should have a program for sample management - but the program was never provided, and the manual changed afterwards, where the reference to the program was removed - so the assignment of samples in the MPD wasn’t useful at the end.

Well since the MPC Live doesn’t have a preamp itself (or 48v phantom power to power a condenser or power one of the few mics with inline pres that require phantom), I’m afraid you may have to do some serious hunting for such a solution. :diddly:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=296080&gclid=CjwKEAiA79zDBRCgyf2FgeiY-CESJABzr0BMJrXLvV31GB_M2bIXYW6Jvnp-yJTgtJkgyjmOkAon_BoCQ0jw_wcB&is=REG&ap=y&m=Y&c3api=1876%2C91438732682%2C&Q=&A=details
I found this. My mind is swirling with all these battery powered studio on the go options! now I’m looking at Roland Boutique’s :loopy:

Simple. You buy an Mpc X (phantom power), and a U87. :loopy:

You’ll lose the battery power option with the X. Thats my favorite part of it. :ecstatic:

You’ll still need a pre with that. All that does is power a condenser.

1 Like

Thanks for your response, I’ll figure something out.

man the X has me hyped. Live shows would be a breeze with modular and MPC. Not exactly small but still.

1 Like

I’m completely torn between the X and Live. I’m leaning Live as of right now. I’m definitely want to see what the MPC 2.0 software has to offer in stand alone mode. If it’s everything I suspect it to be. I might say goodbye to my Push 2.

3 Likes

I think I still need ableton for mixing mastering recording stage and for all my reaktor stuff. But the X as a modular sequencer, plus midi sequencer core hub would be epic. That being said it sounds like you can just drag projects from the software into the X (minus vst’s) which would be epic for upscaling live performance recordings. Honestly impressed.

4 Likes

Good point. I gotta keep Ableton, it’s too important to my work flow. I have so many questions before I make a decision on the X or Live. Does MPC 2.0 run as a plug-in with Ableton? With the X, can I record vocals to an audio track while I perform an improvised set at a gig or open mic? My MacBook pro has glitched on me one too many times to trust on stage. I use the OT for live gigs but I would love something more like Ableton in a box with a rock solid OS. I would also like direct control over vocals thats why the X is so appealing.

1 Like