MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

Can the pads be set to scales like on push in the new MPCs?

1 Like

Pad Perform: Press this button to view Pad Perform Mode where you can assign musical scales/modes, chords,
or progressions to the pads for creative performance options.

Me thinks we are covered :slight_smile:

->Quickstart Guide

2 Likes

What kind of OS is in Mpc Live / X ?
Is there an existing base (Windows, Wine, Android, iOs, OsX, Linux, Nokia, Gameboy…) ?

"Processor: 1.8 GHz quad-core ARM® Cortex® A17 processor
RAM: 2 GB
Storage: 16 GB (user storage, 10 GB pre-installed content), 4 GB ( MPC operating system)
" (Quickstart Guide Appendix)

-> most likely Linux

1 Like

Yes it’s Linux i heard that in sonic talk

1 Like

4 posts were split to a new topic: Should I choose OT or MPC Live?

Really like what Nick says about Dan from Akai at 21mins - maybe not the best demo-er in the world but the guy’s a genius and has stuck with Akai and the MPC through all the crap they invariably get online no matter what they release.

Totally humanist viewpoint, well done Nick.

The MPC engineers always seem to be damned if they do and damned if they don’t - hopefully this is their time to shine again :grinning:

6 Likes

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gtfeka74jxmt9mg/MPC%20Live%20-%20Product%20Overview%20Technical%20Specifications%20%20FAQ.pdf?dl=0

Not sure if that will work but a pretty decent guide for folks to look through for the Live

7 Likes

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mov2l29ct8kkt8x/MPC%20X%20-%20Product%20Overview%20Technical%20Specifications%20%20FAQ.pdf?dl=0

And MPCX (thanks to the guys on Gearslutz)

Sorry for the multi posts but noticed:

“Powerful AIR Hybrid 3 virtual instrument built-in”

And that has no mention of controller only… Not the best sounding out there but if that runs standalone then that really is cool.

Cheers!

Thanks :slight_smile: page 15 seems like Windows 7 is supported afterall? Or is that only for the software, not the Live hardware as controller? Cant see any other mention of supported OS in rest of document, only scanned through quick tho, might have missed it…
Edit - weirdly doesn’t mention Windows 10?

Nice links!

So far my only complaint is that the master volume is on the back panel :ecstatic:

Shit, might have to pre-order this…

MPC X’s Standalone mode currently supports 8 stereo audio tracks. So it should mean that it will be extended at some point. interesting :joy:

Created a facebook group if someone is interested: https://www.facebook.com/groups/AkaiMPCLive/

If this is against the rules i will delete the post. Thank you!

1 Like

I believe it support 8 audio tracks in standalone and 128 in controller mode(connected to computer software).

Yes :wink: you believe well. But maybe at some point we maybe get 16 tracks in standalone.

1 Like

Thank you for clarifying this.
Many many many years ago I was working with only an MPC2kXL for complete tracks, which had 32 stereo sample voices, and I was only using half of those. So the MPCLive should be more than capable for my needs.

At this point I am just hoping that creating “key groups” from multi-sampled synth libraries isn’t too cumbersome. I wouldn’t even mind using the computer connectivity to set that up if it streamlines the process. With all the drum samples and Samples From Mars synth sample libraries I have, the MPC Live could be the first bit of standalone hardware to marry those together for all-in-one track making.

6 Likes

Reading through that Live manual and watching Touch vids, can’t see any mention of timestrech option for 16 levels pitch or DIY Keygroup instruments. Anyone know if it has that ability? Id like option for all notes of a pitched/spread sample to be the same length… Like on Microsampler. OT does it but only monophonic…