MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

Then cancel

Never seen mpc that cant duplicate sequence :smiley:

1 Like

What are ‘Sound on Sound’ talking about in that review then?!? :slight_smile: Confusing…

My impression was that it’s a really deep machine with a massive amount of functionality. You can customize it to be as simple as you like and at one level it is really simple. I was amazed at the warp engine. That was really impressive. The screen is great and I was like ‘ah you can pinch and zoom too’. There will be a learning curve just like the OT. I like that sort of thing though.
BIG thing = Also I heard something interesting regarding scales and melodic divisions - you can design your own scales PLUS you’ll be able to load preset scales from other musicians. I think this is a pretty big thing and haven’t heard of it before today.

5 Likes

How was the Live? Any noticeable latency/lag with pads or screen?

1 Like

The pads felt very good and I didn’t notice lag with the screen either, it felt responsive. I haven’t used MPC’s much before and the interface and menu system seemed confusing to me in the five minutes I spent with the device. I am sure it is a nice device for someone who likes the touch interface, because it seemed to me you will need to use the touch interface quite a lot (as opposed to hardware buttons and encoders in DT).

2 Likes

No lag at all. The screen was really good. You can see the waveforms really clearly. I wanted to zoom in as far as possible and make a really small slice and I could.

2 Likes

Ok…Sniffle!!!

1 Like

It will surely be delayed to announce the news otherwise it will be a suprise of their parts …
We are not used to they respects what they announces so… :slight_smile:

oh maybe their offer to everyone who pre-order since February for FREE :stuck_out_tongue: that would be Akai PRO that way

Wish the pads were on the right and screen on the left🤔

2 Likes

Some dude on the Akai forum talking about opening it and turning the screen upside down… Bit drastic maybe tho :wink:

3 Likes

Trust Jimi Hendrix to die when we need a southpaw! :joy:

I hear the news is the arrival of MPC Live and 2.0 going public beta.

1 Like

Makes sense as the “News” needs to cater for existing MPC owners not just prospective Live owners. MPC 2.0 is big news in itself for the MPC user base.

2 Likes

I was told the Live is three weeks away from being widely available. The delay was/is software related and that the hardware is sitting in warehouses ready to go.

2 Likes

I wonder how far the X will be lagging behind the Live release date…about a month i guess…

But i should be ok…pre-ordered mine already in January… :slight_smile:

I contacted my local and they were expecting stock mid to late May. That fits in with everyone else so “no smoke without fire” and all that.

I’m now sitting here tempted to preorder…

2 Likes

Yup - Maschine Studio as a controller of its software absolutely dominates a Push 2. Spend a day with each and anyone who disagrees is fooling themselves.

A sequence is a pattern in the mpc!

With MPC sequences I think it goes like this (correct me if I’m wrong):
Record a sequence. Copy that sequence and make changes. Continue like this until you have a number of sequences copied into song mode. Arrange those sequences as you like and then record those as one long sequence. Now you have one long sequence of chained sequences and you can make changes to that long sequence and repeat the above steps if you wish.
Seems easier than the OT.

2 Likes