MPC Thread : MPC Live - MPC X - MPC One (Part 1)

The X looks awesome. Only problem is the screen will block my other goodies!

3 Likes

Took me some time to persuade myself, but now it’s done: sold my MPC1000, SP404SX and TR-8 within a few days and have enough space again to welcome a MPC X.
Wonder if I could even sell my Tascam DP 32. The X might be capable to do this job as well?! 6 out of the 8 Tascam Inputs are still virgin and I assume I will never need those additional ones.

4 Likes

Do you have any problems with keeping the screen still on the pan adjust/eq screen? That bugger always been a problem with my sd32

No, never seen such bugs on my DP

1 Like

Yeah the MPC Live might be first. if you love it, then you wont feel bad getting the MPC X

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Toraiz as-1

Thanks for link :slight_smile: Had to turn it off halfway tho. If I hear that guy talk about timestrech and clip launching again my head will implode :wink: Be nice to see it doing some other stuff now and get a taste of how the FX sound etc.

3 Likes

Yes and no sign of Akai Dan.:angry:

1 Like

Nick Batt said Akai Dan would not make it to NAMM.
But he wishes to have him make a proper demo on a real instrument to repair his reputation.

Nick totally rules !

4 Likes

You’d think for namm they’d have rigged up some modular for the X and really try to hype that aspect. I don’t have modular but still interested to see how well that side works just out of curiosity.

Really hoping Akai are gonna let general public get hands on/shoot vids of the Live over course of Namm and not just have that rep dude repeat the same demo to every one that rolls up at their booth…

2 Likes

MPC capability that is interesting for me is 2.0 stability both on the hardware and computer.

1 Like

Yeah be reassuring to see some dudes making random moves through the OS and see if anything looks flakey…

2 Likes

Buzzin fir this now. Never had an MPC but the audio recording, looper functionality and effect means not only can I sell some stuff I can use it to augment dj sets … I’d of guessed the live to be 1200 at least tbh.

Pioneer mus be a bit nervous.

They should let good ole Uncle take a swing at it. I am catching stong feelings that i am going to like MPC again after years of depression and doubt about MPC. Too many of these new device and its features is what i was looking for.

Portability. dedicated sampling, Midi control via USB, a OS that seems to be fully functional, a screen that isnt a Nokia cellphone screen ( shot at Elektron),

the only Con i see so far is the head phone jack; but thats just me being petty. Since the Live and the X have different sound cards, i wonder how different they will sound. Does anyone else think 8 audio tracks is stand alone is limiting?

1 Like

Pioneer has to be nervous. the Toraiz SP-16 is overpriced compared to this. I have a one and im seriously considering selling it. this can pretty much do alot more than the Toraiz, you just lose 4 DSI filters. no big deal.

3 Likes

True tho I’d probs keep that on the down low if I wanted to sell tori on any time soon… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yep I own a Toraiz SP16 (Ill most likely keep it because its fun, super easy to use and has great pads) but even I acknowledge that the feature set on the MPC live is amazing value and Ill most likely be buying one.

Pioneer really have their work cut out to compete with the live. One good thing to not though is that Pioneer reps are busy on the FB group asking users what future developments they would like to see,.

1 Like

Digitakt fgroup: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ElektronDigitakt/