Move kit to other project?

Hey guys n gals!

Was wondering, i’m new with rytm:
When i save kits and sounds in my project, I noticed that when I creat a new project, the ‘sounds’ are accesible, but my kits are not. Is there a way to transfer/import my kits between projects?

Thanks!

1 Like

Just by copying and then loading the new project and pasting…
Kits available to all projects from the plus drive would be sweet!
Not sure if the associated kit comes with the pattern if you load it from sysex that you previously sent and saved? :thinking:

3 Likes

Thats awesome mike, thanks! So by copying it and pasting it, it automatically moves the samples in the kit to the new project too?

Not sure about that…

I’ve been on the same project for a few years, 128 patterns and kits is a lot for me!

True haha its not an issue yet! Only problem for me will probably be the 128 samples per project…

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Digitakt “Kit” Structure. How is it different?

No it doesn’t move the samples, because only the specific SLOT that’s assigned to he kit/sound is moved. You still have to put in the samples to corresponding slot of each sound AFAIK!

Holy mother of god. Same project, many years. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: My brain just crumbled, I mean I understand that everyone is different but wow I could never imagine someone using same project for many years, but hey thx for info, good to know that we can copy kits, too bad can’t copy kit+pattern.

Side note- I am running out of project space soon, not all of them have 128 kits and 128 patterns but most of them have at least couple banks filled up, my style is to keep each kit and pattern linked, so pattern 1 has kit1, pattern 2 kit 2 etc…when I listen to music style that inspires me I go and start new project under that genre name and start making music, next day boom! I am I am inspired by some nature and I start new project with date and new name and make few patterns there, I guess I lost my boundary and need to stick to project more but I find myself getting stuck sounding same when I stay in one project so jumping from project to project helps me make different sounding stuff :]

I mix and match patterns for jam music… There’s 128 patterns to choose from at any tempo I want, and 128 kits to load to each pattern… I have no set relation to the pattern, kit, or tempo and the synth, guitar, vocal, and theremin loops I play along with it… It’s improv and I make it up as I go, I want all my options in one place… I don’t nearly have all 128 full either, it’s just my drummer not for full songs… My AR goes through an OT that realtime samples and slices it and all sorts of other crazy stuff like reverse and pitch shift so I get tons more variations per pattern than just an AR… Loads more things with flex tricks, and can turn one pattern into many things at the same time and mix different combinations with OT’s fader… Also send it midi arps and sequences…
I get absolute loads of mileage out of one project…

I’ve also used the same OT project for years and add to it, and it only has three samples loaded and everything it does it does to live incoming audio that I have to first sample in real time for the patterns to start playing. My patterns are made out of recorder buffer ram placeholders wating to be fed all sorts of different material from various instruments that I come up in on the spot. Only then do they make sound and it’s different every time I use them because I never play the same thing into them… :rofl:

1 Like

Just the fact that there’s 128 kits you can load to one pattern, and 128 patterns you could load the 128 kits to, gives you 16384 combinations right there… Not to mention all the other stuff I said (all the various tempos to plat them, OT warping and mixing etc…)

I’ve only tested a slim fraction of those possibilities, I don’t know how many kits I have maybe 60 to 80? And maybe 16 patterns left… I still have tons of room to add scenes and performance to all my kits, which drastically change the kit… Don’t forget you can add to each pattern as you play and then reload it too. It just goes on and on really…
I have worlds more to exploit from that project, but I’ll probably start another for more patterns…

have been waiting for this feature to happen for years :confused:
currently switching between projects when i play live set. and yeah, i know about copy-paste, it’s just that i have many samples used in projects

1 Like

did you try that?
goto LOAD KIT menu, highlight a kit, hit function+rec.
load other project, goto LOAD KIT men, hit function+stop.