Morph4 - updates

one more quick update, this time a picture of the first three controllers built :confused: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: (the one at the top is the one i’ve been using for testing, reason why it looks slightly different)

i’ll probably start taking preorders by the end of august (it’s summer time anyway, well, at least on this side of the planet :slight_smile: ) but i could start earlier if there’s enough demand for it (will need to order the new PCBs though)

also, i have two PCBs left from the beta batch so if anyone is interested, just let me know (you’ll get a working controller at a discounted price, not just the PCB). here’s a picture of a fully assembled/working PCB so you know what’s inside :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: and finally: check [url=“http://www.gugabox.com”]gugabox for retail price[url=“http://www.gugabox.com”]

also, i have two PCBs left from the beta batch so if anyone is interested, just let me know (you’ll get a working controller at a discountedprice, not just the PCB). here’s a picture of a fully assembled/working PCB so you know what’s inside :smiley:

nobody interested? (offer valid until the end of the week :slight_smile: )

i’ve added one last http://youtu.be/jpLDMuuCgrw to the firmware before wrapping things up. some of you are probably familiar with it :joy: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
it still needs some proper debugging which shouldn’t hopefully take long :slight_smile:

Morph4 on purchase as of now! :joy: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
those of you who pre-ordered it will receive a confirmation email shortly (

as mentioned on the website, the number of PCBs is limited and there are already few people who pre-ordered the controller so they come first. having said that though, depending on how many/fast pre-orders will turn into real purchases, i’ll start taking orders from those of you who didn’t pre-order it

once more, for this batch i would much appreciate if the destination country isn’t outside Europe. this is just so that, in case of any issues implying sending the controller back, shipping costs won’t be that high. hope you all understand.thanks

another quick video http://youtu.be/acUTubc2nkk :slight_smile:

group photo :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

these are the first few controllers built which will soon be on their way :slight_smile:
thought i would share it with you guys and give an update to those who bought the controller

edit: there’re still five PCBs left from the first batch

Really liking the Morph4! Its just perfect for controlling the A4 performance parameters. Just what I needed. I am probably not the most creative user, but for me it gives me some extra variables during jamming.
https://soundcloud.com/nox1cal/buzz-reynolds

I just got my morph4 today in the mail… I was trying to play with it and the octatrack. I am not sure what I am doing… but it doesn’t seem to stick any recommendations?

got home and hooked it up to my rytm… not getting much out of it. what is the step by step process?

glad to hear both of you guys received it :slight_smile:

@noxical: i can see what you’re doing by listening at the jam :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: looking forward to more

@dimi3: much depends on what you want to do with it really :slight_smile: i don’t have an OT so can’t really tell but i’m sure you’ll find something once you get used to it. there’s no ‘step by step’ process so to say, you could start perhaps with assigning some of the AR performance macros to the encoders on the Morph4 and see were you go from there, or else, use it to create new sounds either morphing between scenes (searching for that hot-spot) or using the on-board randomizer or even the automation. i could do some video tutorials if needed, perhaps the yt videos are not that clear :confused:

Guga or anyone,

So I turn on the Morph4 & my AR.
Hit learn.
Red light goes on.
Turn AR knob and the light turns off.
Then no reaction.

I have tried turning knob on the AR and the Morph4 in learn mode but to no avail.

make sure you set the AR to receive CC/NRPN and that it is sending out MIDI CC and not NRPN (MIDI config->MIDI port config); if all this is set correctly, than make sure the Morph4 is in performance mode (the controller is in this mode each time is switched on) and you’ve selected the right MIDI channel.
when you say: no reaction, what do you mean?

it might be good to code it up so the green light is on when you are in performance mode. it is really unnerving to turn on a device and have not visual cue it is on… also what is the battery label under the device?

Just to chime in… Bought a beta version off the ever helpful Guga a couple of months ago and at first there were some ‘fixable’ issues with my specific unit, but i have gotten to the point of comfort regarding how to set up scenes and store them. As i struggled a little with the manual i did begin to write up another quick guide with visual graphics showing button combos and will pass it on to Guga to share or tweak shortly.

A few hierarchy comprehensions that helped me…
One preset has 2 banks with 4 scenes in each. Can assign each end of x-fader to one of these 8 scenes
Total of 4 presets. (Any more possible? :wink:

Initially i had mine inbetween OT and md, using midi thru, caused some weird midi clock timing errors and odd program changes to md… For my needs Found a workaround using a midi merger into the MD so no ext clock goes via the morph4. Hoping it was just an issue with my beta unit.

Anyway i have been having fun with using it to morph sets of Ctr-all MD machine parameters . Does things with 1 finger i would need 4 hands to do otherwise.:slight_smile:
Also have 2x presets that allows me to manipulate the ram play machines (int and ext) i always have on ch14 and 16 of every md pattern i build.

Haven’t fully explored the built in random/lfo functions yet but it’s on the to do list.

@Dimit3

I had some issues with Being able to receive midi learn but not transmit back to the controlled device from morph4.
Used a midi monitor to test signal out of morph4.
Might be worth a go.

Yeah I will try that. Thanks @ozone

thanks Ozone :slight_smile:
yep, a MIDI monitor should help you find out whether the controller is sending MIDI data or not, which should, i usually check each controller before shipping it

it might be good to code it up so the green light is on when you are in performance mode. it is really unnerving to turn on a device and have not visual cue it is on… also what is the battery label under the device?[/quote]
the battery label is there to indicate where the battery goes, you’ll need to unscrew the bottom of the controller and place the battery in.
regarding the yellow LED : that’s mainly a UI choice which relates to other features on the controller

new firmware upgrade and another http://youtu.be/xmM1zgwJ6Hk update :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

…one more quick https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgsvdgx-Z2s. changed the way some of the controls work to make things faster and avoid unwanted MIDI action