Moog Grandmother

10 Likes
2 Likes

999 for a Moog Denim jacket. I’m in.

7 Likes

I don’t know about this one. It’s cute, and would make a nice compact controller. I like the spring reverb, but I wish it had something more exciting like an analog formant filter or something. The sequencer memory is even less than the MicroBrute’s.

1 Like

Oh damn this looks super cute.

4 Likes

It’s a Moogfest sort of thing – if it has legs after that then that’s gravy for Moog. That’s a cool approach to things, 'cuz it allows Moog to do unusual things like the Subharmonicon which may or may not have any long-term product intent.

Alert: if this never becomes anything more than a 500 unit run, and you have one, you might have one of those synths that goes up in value not down.

2 Likes

This looks gimmicky. I don’t find it very interesting.

2 Likes

Eh. Subharmonicon would have been a more interesting release. They moved away from the single patch bay on this one? I wonder why. This doesnt follow the mother or dfam.

3 Likes

I know they’re totally different devices, but when I realize that I can get a Dreadbox/Polyend Medusa for the same price, I just don’t have much interest in this at all. Actually, I find the MiniBrute 2S far more interesting/appealing; especially for the price.

6 Likes

it looks like something Mr Rogers would jam on

5 Likes

I’m sure this is totally OCD, but there’s something really distressing about the colors being asymmetrical (black panel on the top right).

4 Likes

Aaaargh! Make it stop!

1 Like

http://www.vintagesynth.com/moog/mg1.php

Makes me laugh – Moog cloning the Realistic Concertmate MG-1 ?? Which was Moog’s in the first place!

There’s no accounting for taste, maybe this is a hit!

2 Likes

Maybe they are trolling Behringer.

9 Likes

Moog are on the longest streak of terrible synth names, like, ever.

8 Likes

A long string of Mother-Something. What about the Mother- ?

2 Likes

I’d like to know what they’d put in the Moog Mother F@#%er, lmao! I think I’d buy that one just for namesake.

7 Likes

There is the Mooger fooger.

Is the grandmother another overpriced, underpowered, but it’s awesome cause moog offering?

1 Like

“Grandmother”

What an exciting name for a new synth :roll_eyes:

3 Likes