Moog DFAM

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Promo video for Moog DFAM

A post was merged into an existing topic: Promo video for Moog DFAM

The"new kids" sound like techno… Artists like Aphex Twin and Autechre have milked the analogue drum sounds for all they’re worth- ages ago!

The hip hop vibe is different and just wouldn’t work with harsh drum sounds.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Promo video for Moog DFAM

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Promo video for Moog DFAM

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Promo video for Moog DFAM

Autechre was heavily influence by hiphop.

Vince Staples’ last was a massive EDM-hip hop thing. Rusty, Hudson Mohawke, FlyLo, Jlin…

1 Like

I’m sorry when I hear “EDM” I switch off. It’s a term invented by the American mainstream media for generic commercial techno/house that has no soul or connection to where this stuff came from. I can’t see much connection between Autechre’s music and hip hop but whatever .

2 Likes

Autechre have stated many times over the years that their music is heavily influence by hip-hop.

1 Like

Ok. It doesn’t really matter the term but it had crazy electronic timbres doing hip-hop.

1 Like

Hmmm no midi and only an 8 Step sequencer. As cool of a device as this is it seems a bit over priced, makes me see the value in a Volca Kick.

1 Like

Heck an A4 mk 1 is almost the same price and has 4 voices and the Elektron sequencer.

6 Likes

The SUBSEQUENT 37 and a new A4 are similar in price but it’s obvious why people choose the 37 over the A4. Same thing here.

I want to see a video with Karl Bartos that demonstrate the DFAM.

Well, try playing that in a hip hop venue and see what happens. I predict a 100% clearing of the dancefloor.

Maybe where you go.

And anyway that’s exactly my point.

Anyway the DFAM gets a MEH from me. . . even in the analog-only modular world there’s probably a lot better for this kind of money.

Oh my. Exai is such a great record.
Anyone remember this interview, where they talked about who they’d get to MC on an Ae hip-hop album. Kanye??

1 Like