MonoMaschine stuck at the startup screen

I have bought a used (very nice looking) MonoMaschine SFX 60 MKII, and the first few times I turned it on, it worked perfectly. However, suddenly - when turning the unit on - it gets stuck at the startup screen. Whatever buttons I try to push, the startup screen is stuck.

I started the early Startup Screen (which IS displayed correctly) by holding down the Function button while turning it on. The TEST MODE says “OK” to everything, and all buttons give response.

I thought it would perhaps help to reinstall the OS (it already has OS 1.32) and connected it to my MIDI interface and use C6 to transfer the latest OS. However, there is no indication (no buttons will flash up) that it is receiving the OS (the “Ready to receive MIDI upgrade” stays forever on the screen).

I don’t know what more to try. Any suggestions?

you’ll probably find others in the forum that have had a similar problem (i’m sure there’re already few threads about this). could be a low battery to a loose cable … :neutral_face:

Fear not!
This is a known issue and an easy fix.

I encountered this problem the moment I first powered up my used Monomachine. It was very worrisome, but I remembered reading a thread about it.

Info here: MNM freeze, but here’s the short of it:

HQ said that this can be caused by some oxidation on the cabling and that you can use oil-free dry cleaning spray to remove this from the cable connectors and sockets.

HQ: “If you are comfortable with disassembling the unit,… we recommend that you use a dry oil-free cleaning spray to remove oxide from the two connectors and sockets of the internal cabling.”

Further info, pics, and disassembly guidance at: Monomachine won’t boot