Monomachine Love Thread

Bought! Already had the first compilation. Really enjoy these, thanks for the tip.

1 Like

i love you monomachine

5 Likes

Apparently we’re not alone on this.

2 Likes

:grin:

6 Likes

hey jshell and thanks for reminding us the power of the monomachine .
yeah you are right : the MAP EDITOR is just a very powerful feature and I think a very few people are using it .
my monomachine is also linked with an Octatrack and I have experiment controlling the pattern with an octatrack midi track , controlling the MAP EDITOR midi channel of the mono and yes , you can make crazy stuff with this stuff ; mostly it is very convinient to make the monomachine sequencer less static . great !
I have a question regarding this function : when you change pattern thanks to MIDI notes , it is restarting the pattern at the beginning , even if you send a note let ‘s say at step 6 , it will start the pattern at step one and not step 6 . is it possible to trigger patterns in this way ?

for those who missed it, here’s the new version of the MM randomizer :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just played a synth “open mic” night with just the Monomachine and analog heat, doing a single 10-15 minute song. The crowd really enjoyed it.

4 Likes

MonoMachine :clap: needs :clap: to :clap: be :clap: in :clap: production :clap: again

4 Likes

Was this said in a sassy manner with handclaps to accent each word?? If so, love it.

Also monomachine2. Or polymachine where each track can now be polyphonic more like digitone but with updated MnM machines

I’ve had my MonoMachine since 2009 and its been equal parts frustrating and brilliant. I cannot part with it. I reckon we need to storm the Elektron headquarters and make them reissue the Mono.

1 Like

Frustrating?! How so?

It takes a lot to massage the sound and often it just doesn’t get near what I had in mind. A Virus I can get the sound in minutes. The MonoMachine, nope. And then I’ll get something glorious when I wasn’t expecting it. I am working on dubbed out techno chords and getting really good results at the moment. It’s random though, I’ll go for a long period without being satified with the results.

Yeah I find I often have to just go where it takes me, rather than having a specific sound in mind and creating it exactly as I imagined… That’s still kinda great though :smiley:

2 Likes

The integrated p-locked step sequencer is the magic sauce.

2 Likes

LFOs…the LFOs!

1 Like

Yeah none of my Monomachine sound design is complete without at least one HOLD LFO…

2 Likes

You can trigger only the LFOs which I’ve never remembered to try

1 Like

Every time I sit down with this beautiful, beautiful synth I’m just flabbergasted at the weird shit you can coax out of it. I’ve tried quite a few synths in my time, and I always try to push them to their very edges and nothing ever even comes close to this one. Man. Ridiculous! So many cool parameters to modulate, and the LFO’s are so excellent, and the selection of odd synth-engines. Damn.

Imagine a Monomachine MK2 with lots of new synth types, even more LFO’s and parameters to fuck with. Goddamn.

5 Likes

very new to my MNM but have already coaxed a lot of exciting textures and sounds out of it, and I’m especially amazed by its abilities for audio processing - I can see many of my patches ending up as 1-3 synths and the rest is processing and FX. It encourages very similar approaches to the ones I like to use when designing sounds on my modular that don’t use sampling or re-sampling

compared to MD and OT so far I’m a bit less inclined to use it for full tracks on its own though, depending on style - so far my inclination is more to use it to make one or two awesome sounds or a big texture/soundscape, although it is unique and fascinating approached as a traditional groovebox… perhaps my sentiments will change over time

edit: OH! and negative distortion values are amazing, that level of control on the headroom is :content:

1 Like

I sold my first :elmm: and then missed it so much that I bought another. So this definitely applies! :+1: