Monomachine Love Thread

Is the MNM hard to learn? Just getting used to the OT and wondering how difficult learning that machine could be? Not that I want one in the near future… but maybe in a year or so when I have the feeling I have mastered my current gear.

1 Like

If you’ve learned OT, then MnM is no problem. :elot::heart::elmm:

3 Likes

:elot: and :elmm: are definitely good buddies. Use the multiple outs of the :elmm: to feed both pairs of :elot: inputs and use :elot: as a live effects box, using nothing but through tracks, neighbor tracks, and scenes. Glitch paradise.

5 Likes

you guys inspired me to upload an old track of mine. monomachine only. direct out. only light normalizing and compression added. I did a handful of these back in the summer of 2005 and had a great time with it.

6 Likes

Where’s the mega command thread Justin?

Ill take a look. Do you still have my old midi command?

Oh boy.

Where have you been.

1 Like

Any chance to see this revived as well?

4 Likes

need to get a mono. I put expansion ports on the MegaCommand board which could be used to add additional buttons, sliders, joystick etc…

slick tunes from Wesen. never saw this one!

3 Likes

From the little research I made, I’m not even sure it was actually ever released

Living life since 2016, when the thread started, Ha.
Seems simpler to buy a new otmk2!
Good luck with it though, mate

1 Like

@JustinValer

Yes, you should really get a Monomachine :wink:

If you are intrested, i got one of the Ruin&Wesen Monojoystick Prototypes, pretty raw build quality, in german we call it “Lochrasterplatine”. Something is wrong with it.

Or do you have some of the documentery from Ruin&Wesen?

I can send you my Monomachine for some time, i think you get fixed pretty fast.

Do it! MegaMonoJoyCommand! Long live the silver boxes!

5 Likes

This device would really fill many gaps in the MnM functionalities

3 Likes

Bought! Already had the first compilation. Really enjoy these, thanks for the tip.

1 Like

i love you monomachine

5 Likes

Apparently we’re not alone on this.

2 Likes

:grin:

6 Likes

hey jshell and thanks for reminding us the power of the monomachine .
yeah you are right : the MAP EDITOR is just a very powerful feature and I think a very few people are using it .
my monomachine is also linked with an Octatrack and I have experiment controlling the pattern with an octatrack midi track , controlling the MAP EDITOR midi channel of the mono and yes , you can make crazy stuff with this stuff ; mostly it is very convinient to make the monomachine sequencer less static . great !
I have a question regarding this function : when you change pattern thanks to MIDI notes , it is restarting the pattern at the beginning , even if you send a note let ‘s say at step 6 , it will start the pattern at step one and not step 6 . is it possible to trigger patterns in this way ?

for those who missed it, here’s the new version of the MM randomizer :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just played a synth “open mic” night with just the Monomachine and analog heat, doing a single 10-15 minute song. The crowd really enjoyed it.

4 Likes