Monomachine Love Thread

Yeah, same here - well done! A great demonstration of the MM depth and it´s strenghts (as well as yours!). Very inspirational for me so thanks. :slight_smile:

I think Im going to focus my MM only for pad-sounds… holy shit what a monster it is when you going in polymode, fix with the tuning, envelopes and swipe the filter along with a great external reverb

Anyone got any tips and tricks for good pads? :elmm:

1 Like

My MnM has been sat in a cupboard for the last few months. Must get it out and start using it again at some point soon. Definitely using external reverb though. The thing of having to trigger the reverb doesn’t compute for me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love my Monomachine. With that said, it rarely actually ends up on any songs on which I’m working. I sold one after a year and then bought another one a month later. I like @LFOKringlan idea for using it just for pads, though, and I’m thinking that I can probably get some album usable material in that regard. Damn. I guess I should get on that.

You can get some really great results with good trigger placement and plocked parameters on the reverb. Definitely worth the effort to learn.

2 Likes

i’ve been doing some work ‘behind the curtains’ and this should be available pretty soon :grin: (posting here as well just in case). i’ve implemented some new features which should bring a bit more fun compared to the previous version :control_knobs:
questions, comments and feedback are more than welcome (i know…comments? feedback? for a picture?! wt…?! :open_mouth: :laughing: )

edit: …aand yess! the :elmm: is still a great machine! :smiley:

4 Likes
23 Likes

Just forward the trigs of the track you’re processing to the reverb, and enjoy all the extra goodies that come with the additional track (filters, delay, gain staging, LFOs, etc.). Additional sequencing/locks optional. This capability is among my favorite things about the MnM and to me seems to be one of the best tricks to getting those lush, evolving textures out of it.

2 Likes

And then playing with mutes drastically changes the sound… Oh yes, how deep/fun is this Monomachine !

very nice!

I know my way around it fairly well. It’s more a case of having lots of other options in my home studio. :slight_smile:

Really strong Aphex Twin vibes on this one. Nice work!

1 Like

Agree… I recently splurged on a nice reverb and although I love the sound of it, it’s unexpectedly making me appreciate my cheap/“bad” reverbs more. It’s nice to have that variety of flavors.

1 Like

I’m not short of different reverbs. :slight_smile:

2 Likes
16 Likes

Beautiful

Thanks, @lionstone!

it’s out…yesterday :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

it would be much appreciated if those of you that use it, could give some feedback on this one :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Can anybody explain midi mode? If i were to purchase a sp-404sx sampler could i use the mono midi mode to trig samples, while still playing the 6 built in mono tracks? On a sidenote can anyone give me a very simple explanation of hpf and lpf tracking and in what instance i should turn this on or off?

Yes to your first question midi and audio tracks function separately

1 Like