Monomachine and Minitaur - Midi Problem

Hi there,
since some time i bought a 2nd hand minitaur, it works great, when works, with Monomachine midi out.
Actually i’ve connected them through a midi cable, monomachine midi out to minitaur in.
Often, when i power up the mnm, and then the minitaur, although i press the mnm trigs to play some notes, the minitaur receives midi signal (minitaur midi led blinks), but no sound comes at output (minitaur out sent to mnm A input).
Of course the mnm thru track have all trigs switched on and amp settings with HLD, DEC and REL at max value.

If i switch off the minitaur and then i switch back on, i get sound output.

I’m going to try, as soon as i get mono jack adapters (got only stereo jack adapters), i’ll try with A4 CV outs that actually drive a minibrute.
(Using mnm to drive the minitaur because of the CC controllable parameters of the minitaur, minibrute don’t have any midi implementation on knobs).

If anyone had such experience with a mnm, also midi driving other synths, would be nice to have some kind of feedback or tip.

Thank you!

I use a nord lead 1 controled by monomahine midi out, and when I switch on the 2 instruments, I always have to switch to another patch on Nord lead to hear it. When it’s done everything’s OK but I have to do it for the 4 timbres of the nord lead. … like if you have to activate “the midi response message” …

Also if I play the keyboard of the nord lead (before ever start the monomachine), I hear the sound, and after that if I run the sequencer of the monomachine with a midi message to the nord lead, the synth doesn’t make sounds anymore … until a reload a patch …

What I‘ve noticed from my MD and MnM is that when I use it to send Midi Out, I have to power it on before the device that is receiving the Midi In information is powered on. Otherwise, the connection won’t work in many cases.

i experience similar issues with midi too. my Jomox MBase 11 can’t be triggered over midi by the Mono and the MD as well. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. that have to be done over the trigger input instead over midi. then i have a old Novation Drumstation which in general works together with the Mono. but sometimes, it still comes to problems which are inexplainable to me. for example that the drumstation freezes or when i record notes, the drum kits change. but the last problem i got solved at least. i dunno if the Monomachine itself is the problem or both machines together, that not want interact very well.

I quite often have to restart my SE-02 after it receives the first midi note from the MnM. After that it’s fine. Exactly the same as others have described above. I don’t know why it happens, or if it’s a midi thing generally or specifically a MnM midi thing (I suspect the latter).

Hi,
Same issues here. I would like to sequence my Virus A and A-Station with the MnM midi sequencer, but it doesn’t works…
If i play notes on the MnM Keyboard (without recording), i can hear the sounds of my synths, but when i try to record something (grid or “live”), there is no sound coming out.
When i try to sequence my DRM1MkII, it works perfectly…

I actually have the opposite experience, I have to turn my other gear on before I turn on the MD if it is connected via MIDI.

I am fairly certain this is because they constantly output MIDI clock pulses, even when not running, and sometimes when another synth boots up while receiving that midi clock, it just doesn’t work right.

Usually what I do is I break the connection into the other synth before I turn it on, then once it’s booted up, I plug the MD back in.

Finally, i found the solution of my issue on the forum !

2 Likes

Happy to help!

1 Like