Modules for controlling modular with OT

In french, “cabinets” means toilets too ! :smile:
I can’t make music there.

4 Likes

Where is your meme? :smile:

2 Likes

Yarns for sure

1 Like

I can’t here. I just let you imagine a curiosity in the toilets…

1 Like

Mmmmm… French!

2 Likes

magpie dubledecca

you could also get soemthing like malekko heavy indsutry sync/cv gate expansion or a well spec’d midi to CV converter… kenton pro2000MKII etc.

or the endorphines shuttle control which has USB to 16 CV outs btu you’d have to do some research as to how it’ll integrate w/the OT and midi

Puh. The FH1 looks complicated.
I asked this question somewhere before, but is there any notable difference between using midi to cv lfo’s (shuttle or FH1) compared to real cv? Or is this smoothing of midi steps smooth enough?

And you did it. :thup:

1 Like

Not if you set the smoothing rate correctly, not sure on the Shuttle but the FH-1 can do up to 14bit CCs also, obviously OT is 7bit though sadly.

I can! I do! Neither pun intended :joy:

2 Likes

so for me in easy words please. yes or no :smile:? I’m not to deep into technical details

In my experience the smoothing is enough.

4 Likes

Ot’s Midi Control Changes are 7bit : 2^7=128.

I’d recommend this http://midimuso.co.uk/index.php/product/cv-12-fully-assembled-pcb/

I put it in a small case with jacks, works great for any midi sequencer to 18 cv

1 Like

Power Shower!

1 Like

Or this here. Standalone and very cheap. But I think it won’t work for Lfo’s…

I thought so as well and was struggling with the script.
In the end I found out that it was more a question of me not understanding the concept of the FH-1 and the things I wanted FH-1 to do, like send CV/Gate, trigs, clock and reset, was mandatory and I didn´t need to make a script for that to work.

So it´s all about what you want it to do and your special needs that depends if you have to make a script.
OS is on the muffwiggler forum and more than helpful for those special needs.

1 Like

I recently picked up a Malekko Sync + CV/Gate hoping to integrate my octatrack and digitone with my modular.

The sync works fine – receives clock signal off of the elektrons.

Having trouble with the CV/Gate, though – won’t receive any of the pattern info from the boxes. I tested it using Ableton midi and it works fine.

Any guidance? Are these incompatible?

bang for the buck midi/cv is Polyend Poly2 :muscle:
my Octa luvs it :nerd_face:
no sysex files
internally save your setups, remembers last setup on boot

2 Likes

That’s cool, but … I just want this Malekko CV/Gate to work. Can it work?