Modular synth and Machindrum

hallo i have a question.

at the time i try to trigger my tip top audio Circadian Rhythms form the machindrum, i us the MI yarns for midi to cu/gate
but is nor working propper. i use the 16 mode from the CR but jah is bit shitti. maby sumone kann help.

by the way to us the machindrum with the moduler is supper killer i love it …but is a supper fayl the rythm can not do that, maby sumone have a trik.

you could try it without any midi / cv conversion.
just send a GND IM(pulse) machine direct into the circadian rhythms. (use a dedicated output for that)

1 Like

Yeah, use a GND-impulse machine to trigger it. Will take the same number of tracks as however many MIDI machines you’re using. You just need a 1/4" to 3.5mm TS cable.

Someone here posted a video of Venetian Snares using a MD solely to trigger his modular system, it was madness.

Edit: found it.

4 Likes

Very impressive indeed but he doesn’t use the IMP machines though. The 16 tracks are MIDI tracks clocking/sequencing the modular via an analogue solutions MIDI to CV converter.

3 Likes

Good info. Makes sense - you get more tracks that way.

Yep Every miditrack clocks sequencers that clock other sequencers and triggers switches that send the clocks all over the rack. It’s a pretty insane setup. I think he even uses two machinedrums now.

yas i know thet oll i try it with yarns form mi, but wit the CR is nor working well, i try menny things wot drumsound s it works well with the seqencer too but yagh maby the CR s not the ride at the time … and yas the midi way in the yarn s (midi to cv) supper killer, for drum s and stuf it works and make s supper fun. i will later try it with a audio singel maby it work s bit bedder, and sorry my frend s for my englisch …is a bit shit… and pleace sher your roting s hir …how you ar working withe the Machinedrum, im interesting about this.