Mission #1: A Single Pattern

Ok this is my rookie tune created on AK.

https://soundcloud.com/sutini-1/permission

Track1: drums with melodic kick and melodic hats
Track2: bass and pads
Track3: “plucked” chords
Track4: arps

What can be interesting is that I’ve used trig mutes to mute/unmute some sounds on track 1 and 2.

Mission submission

https://soundcloud.com/glaciertree/beleaguered

This track was created using the Elektron Octatrack, and single cycle waveforms that I manually sampled from my Yamaha DX-11. Audio mangling recorded live in one take.

OT Project here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/50168325/Mission1-beleaguered.zip

Edit: a couple of extra things I focused on were the arranger and scale per track. Also tried not to be tied to 4/4.

2 hours, 6 minutes til the deadline! Tomorrow I’ll set up a playlist and work out a voting system.

https://soundcloud.com/mkeenan/sets/elektronauts-community-mission

Here’s the playlist with all the submissions, apart from catchin, his track is set to ‘private’ so I can’t add it to a public playlist. So please also listen to his track (link).

Two tracks don’t strictly meet the brief, Squelcher by Pselodux exceeds the 3 minute time limit, and MnM Detritus by Amanita_X/BLOKE was not written for this project, but I left them in as they’re worth listening to. If you feel they should not be included, don’t vote for them :slight_smile:

Message me with your vote, based on which track has the best variation, and which one just sounds the best to you! Of course I will keep the votes anonymous. I’ll tally up the votes in a week, or once everyone has voted.

Overall a great competition with nice results and a good theme, Zillamatic! For myself I wouldn’t have bothered pushing one pattern very far. Really good exercise!

audiopuncture,
:confused:

Sadly, I didn’t compete this time. But listening now to all entries, great stuff!

audiopuncture,
:confused:
[/quote]
Yes OK, edited my post…

I was really looking forward to hearing the Sidstation with octatrack thing Geneoart was wondering about. To me sidmusic is a perfect example on how limitations can inspire great ideas, techniques and music. Well, maybe next time?

Nice tunes by the way to all.

Congrats too all of you guys !

I think everybody that would vote has voted now. I’ve counted up the votes and the winner is… mikkel_zen! Congratulations, man! Audiopuncture and Sucik were very close behind though, they were both one vote away from Mikkel!

Thanks to everyone for taking part and sharing what they’ve learned. It was interesting to read new techniques people used, and great hearing what people created. Some great tracks in that playlist, for sure.

So… what now? Shall we continue with the winner setting the next challenge and running the new thread?

Why not? :slight_smile:

Wow. Thanks guys. I would like to thank my mom and dad and god for this great… Just kidding.

Allright. Please give me til tomorrow to figure out where to send you on your next mission.

Congrats, mikkel!
Please, don’t exclude the good old Monomachine from the next mission! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Congrats!
It would be really cool for the next Mission to limit voices of the machine to 1 (1 track)!

Thanks, or what about this:
One track, one oscillator, pick your waveform. No changing of waveform, pitching, modulation, filter or effects allowed. The theme is madness. Good luck.

No… but the mission will be … something like it.
I will post the rules in a new thread tomorrow.
P.s. I will not exclude any machines.

I feel prepared! :rage:

I have set up the next mission.

Wow. I’m supprised to have so many votes with so many great tracks in this competition. Thanks!. And congratulations to the winner !

Just back from holidays, I see that things go quickly !
I was stuck at the back of a moon for this very first mission, kind of sad I couldn’t compete.
But I’m glad there were so many nice entries !

Congrats mikkel_zen !!
Now let’s see this Mission #2 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: