Minicommand users?

a) File -> Examples -> Published Firmware -> MDMonster

b) Tools -> Midi Ports -> Input Port -> Whatever is connected to the MiniCommand

c) Tools -> Midi Ports -> Output Port -> Whatever is connected to the MiniCommand

d) Sketch -> Verify / Compile

e) File -> Upload to I/O Board

1 Like

So I’ve been having a go today. Every time I load the firmware/sketch I press verify/compile and get a message saying "error building library “common tools”. All connections are fine and selected in settings. I’ve tried with different firmwares from the published firmware section… hmmm. Getting closer though…

Also getting “build folder disapeared or could not be written”

java.io.FileNotFoundException: /private/var/folders/fg/nrlrgwq945b7nbww9tj1_7g40000gp/T/AppTranslocation/ACFF94ED-B933-4623-B5E1-31361908886C/d/MidiCtrl.app/Contents/Resources/Java/examples/PublishedFirmwares/MDArpeggiator/applet/MDArpeggiator.cpp (Read-only file system)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.(FileOutputStream.java:194)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.(FileOutputStream.java:145)
at processing.app.preproc.PdePreprocessor.write(PdePreprocessor.java:308)
at processing.app.Sketch.preprocess(Sketch.java:1286)
at processing.app.Sketch.build(Sketch.java:1389)
at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Sketch.java:1433)
at processing.app.Sketch.exportApplet(Sketch.java:1402)
at processing.app.Editor$42.run(Editor.java:2307)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:695)
processing.app.debug.RunnerException: Build folder disappeared or could not be written
at processing.app.Sketch.preprocess(Sketch.java:1311)
processing.app.debug.RunnerException: Build folder disappeared or could not be written
at processing.app.Sketch.preprocess(Sketch.java:1311)

solved - didn’t load to applications. P.S. I’m loving the felt RW case it came in… tome to have some fun

Cheers Rusty!

2 Likes

Hi! I bought an old minicommand, but software is totally disappeared from the web. Anyone has a PatchManager for Windows, sketches and firmware?
At the moment I can’t even test it, it sends midi but I don’t understand how to use the installed patch and I’m not sure all the 4 buttons are working.

Thank you very very much for your help!

You may want to check last compatible (IIRC it existed? Which version, I forgot) here (at least firmware-wise) and/or ask Justin. BTW, there’s MegaCommand Live thread. Also, knowing old patch manager URLs might allow You to resurrect some stuff with the help of web.archive.org/web/yourNowDeadURLgoesHere

1 Like

Follow what @cipherpunks said; else feel free to send me a pm if no joy; I’ve got them lying around somewhere or other.

Replied to @ilducamorgan earlier today.

DIdn’t see this thread until now.

Patch manager(s) for osx and windows, and last version of MCL for the MiniCommand.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1MeTVlAr1BbjushmIZO6P55aoVOQOYMtH

MIDI-CTRL18 osx
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B0urCULhoczcdXZVaFRoQzRwcEU?amp%3Busp=sharing

The code + firmwares + documentation:

3 Likes

Thanks a lot guys! I’ve tested the unit with the MDMonster and it works perfectly :slight_smile:
I’ll upload the MCL soon…a lot to explore and to understand, but everything about MiniCommand seems very interesting.
Again, thanks for your precious help!

3 Likes

hey,
after years i wanna include the mc in to my setup.
i downloaded the patchmanager and all the githubfiles.
how to load the patches in to the manager?
tried it with the midi-ctrl too. no luck.
whats the best way to do it?

Hey! I seem to have my MC PSU mixed up with a bunch of other PSU’s and now I’m in doubt what it uses…? I have on I think it is that sends out 15v, but I’m not sure and I’m afraid I’ll burn it. Can anyone check their PSU and let me know?
Thx!

1 Like

OK, so after some scouring the internet, I found the MC manual, and here it states that the PSU is 7-10V with plus centered! So a regular 9V PSU with + centered will work i think. I got mine to work with a 9V anyways. Maybe some voltage-purists will think otherwise?

Ah, it was an answer not a question. Thx Tyrone :slight_smile:

Hi guys
Just got myself a Mini Command. Trying to grasp this enigma. Got all the files from @JustinValer, but not the MIDI-CTRL18 osx as it is not availabe on the link (no access)
Can someone spot me a copy of it?

Also, managed to get patchmanager to open… but it will not detect my midi interface (OSX Catalina), will the MIDI-CTRL18 help me here? I use a 2013 Mac Pro, so should have old enough specs to pull this off! :nerd_face:

Also, i have a feeling i do not have to original FW inside. It looks like this, but no reaction on my Machinedrum yet… Anyone recognoze what tool this is? Seems like it might control the global FX, but can’t find delay/echo in there.

Hi
Do you still have the MCL file and could send it to me? Would i be able to put this on the SD card to get things going? As of now, the patchamnager is not working for me.
Cheers!

I need it too. Anyone ? Justin V ??
EDIT: nevermind, the prvious link just seemed to work.
Guess my inet is buggin out.

Hopefully i can make use of this “minicommand” which i bought new(pre-ordered …doh…) when it first came out…
The sd card never did what the ruin wessen said for years until they admitted the function doesnt work .Then they abandoned.

Hmmm, after a couple hours trying to figure this out, i still have no idea how to install any kind of program for sending the MD Monster FW to the mincommand. I am on windows PC.
I see no program installer(.exe) anywhere in all the ruin wessen files. I am not a coder.

Can someone please tell me how to install the program (and tell me where the heck it is ) ?
Is the patchmanager.exe from Justin supposed to work for sending the ruin-wessen firmwares with the .pde extension ?

Can someone PLEASE tell me how to install the midi Ctrl framework so i can make use of my old minicommand ? It is so strange: i have searched for DAYS for such information ! All i want to do is load the R&W .pde sketches into minicommand.
Why is everyone so sectretive about this stuff ? I cant find any instructions for loading the MidiCtrl Framework which i think is what i need (??)
I do not have a mac, only windows PC.
I have succesfully loaded MCL 2.0 using Justins patchmanager but i need to load the old R&W .pde sketches.