Minicommand users?

Does anyone know where the latest original firmware and manual can be found?

Information about the minicommand is really hard to find at the moment…

Try here

If you need more stuff, I can see what I have lying around, but there isn’t much.

1 Like

I have been meaning to try and get a copy of the old doxygen documentation hosted on another site now that the R&W redmine wiki has gone offline… as lacking as it was, some doco is better than none.

@justinvaler - i remember reading a long time back that you managed to get turbomidi and SD card read/write working on the minicommand for your MCL firmware, is that correct? If so, is there any chance you will make the code public at all? Also keen to see a demo vid of your MCL firmware if you ever got around to making it…

I saw in another post that @void has recently posted a heap of code to github, including stuff about A4 sysex, which looks pretty interesting, might try to port some of it over to the minicommand at some point…

1 Like

I might have some stuff lying around?

We also need a MiniCommand sub forum me thinks.

yes vote

Request for a MiniCommand sub-forum here

Thanks a lot!! much useful info at this link.
However, the miniduino app is nowhere to be found…

Does anyone have a link to that or could dropbox it?

thanks a lot in advance.

None with a MIDIduino app at hand?
The mac version would be handy, but win should be better than nothing :slight_smile:

This is apparently the only possible source of MIDIduino at the moment.
So hopefully someone can give a helping hand (a.k.a. download link).

What are you missing? The MiniCommand programming app?

Not sure if it is also called “mini command programming app”.
In the documentation i read, to change the firmware or load one of the existing ones, one needs to use the MIDIduino app.

So, yes, one of the two sides of the same coin is what i need :slight_smile:
Some app to access the mini command and change its firmware.

R&W Patch Manager download mirror:

[url=“http://www.justinvaler.com/mcl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=23”]

http://www.justinvaler.com/mcl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=23

1 Like

I’m pretty sure i have the “latest” midi-ctrl app (i.e. the minicommand programming app) at home for OSX somewhere, will see if i can upload it to the files section of this forum…

1 Like

Thanks to both!
Much appreciated

If no joy from Justin or Tyrone, I should have it kicking around on my Mac somewhere…

Ok, I managed to find the old github link for Midi Ctrl 0018, this is the latest (semi) official version from Wesen that I know of:

there were a few very minor bugs/tweaks that I made in my github fork of mididuino that aren’t in the release above, but this at least should get you going…

if you get to the point where you want to start writing some of your own code, give a shout as you might want to look at getting the (fairly limited) doxygen documentation back online somewhere. i found it hard enough to learn the framework etc even with the doco online…!

1 Like

Nice one! thanks
This topic is the best summary of things related to minicommand at the moment :slight_smile:

Hi Tyrone,

From memory, I could never get Midi Ctrl 0018 to compile.

I also fixed some bugs and did some slight modifications to 0017. Importing code from 0018 where it was needed.

I still plan to release the MCL Firmware source code I was looking at it today. and still needs quite a bit more commenting.

I still need to shoot some MCL Firmware videos as well.

• Justin
1 Like

Hi Justin,

MCL - cool, i had a read of the v1.0 user manual again the other night actually, but i think the latest beta version might have some further changes? Would also be keen to check out how you got the turbo midi working, one thing I’ve noticed when jamming and switching patterns, the entire midi clock buss chokes up while the minicommand is processing the sysex from the md / mnm, and usually involves a stop/start to fix. Was hoping that turbo midi might fix this…

Midi ctrl 0018 - That’s odd, I’m pretty sure that github 0018 package is the one I’m currently using… I remember some gcc compiler errors very early on but bought that wesen fixed that in the link I posted above. The first 0018 zip file he created was around 150mb in size, I know that one is a lot smaller

Tmt - if you have probs with the package in that github link let me know and I’ll help where possible…

1 Like

it works perfectly. thanks. now my mini command can be used.

1 Like

The midi drop out would only occur if you’re using Wesen’s callbacks for pattern changing. Turbo Midi does speed up the handling considerably and might make the midi lag negligible.

Turbo midi is fairly easy to get working. Unfortunately it can’t be used in conjunction with normal midi signals. So you can’t use MIDI Merge while Turbo Midi is enabled. I was hoping to fix this but it requires some serious investigation into Wesen’s code.

1 Like