Minibrute microbrute and A4

Does anyone have a mini and micro together via cv from A4?
I’ve got the A4 running the mini via cv ab, works fine, found some spare cash and bought a micro for fun.
I have the gate out and pitch out from mini to micro to get the extra osc. Audio fed back into mini in.
When i play an A4 seq (cv) i get the gate and pitch on mini. I get the gate going through to micro but no pitch follow.
Should i run 1/4 trs from A4 cv cd to micro to “double up” the signal?
I thought the mini would echo the voltage in to out. Is this not the case?
Just dipping my toes into cv. I like the thought of using midi and cv together.
Oh, have midi into mini for clock sync for lfo/arp. No note messages.

That’s a cool set up you’ve got going on! I’m not 100% sure but I think the pitch voltage from the minibrute gas to be generated by its keys, so it won’t accept cv in and regenerate it at its cv out.
Do you have your cv settings correctly for CD on the a4? I usually set C to V/octave (tip) and D gate (ring)
You can also choose the source track for them which should be at the top right of their respective screens. This is really handy if you want a extra sequence, you can choose the fx track for the source of trigs and stuff. But just remember to change both C and D to the same track. (you don’t need to do anything tho if you want both the mini and micro to play the same sequence)
Hope this helps
Cheers
C

Thanks heaps.
Am thinking though, the mini sends gate so why cant i send pitch from A4?
Tried it last night but had settings different to what you advise.
Ive pretty much set up a studio this year and have lots of fun stuff.
Interested in the nuances of cv however.
I reckon this is a good place to start.
Cheers.

So got an MicroBrute yesterday and was thinking it would be dead easy to setup the CV track on my Analog Four to control gate and pitch…

Well turns it wasn’t. I must have the wrong cables or I’m missing something.

So I got CV1 setup to send a +5Volt gate signal. This works just fine. Second part is setting up the CV2 to send out 1volt/octave.

Before I take out my soldering iron and go bananas on my cables does anyone have a Microbrute and if so what settings do you have for controling pitch on the CV2 page?

My settings are…

CV A
Type: Gate
Polarity: V-Trig
Level: 5V
Connected to the Microbrutes “Gate in”.

CV B
Type: Pitch V/Oct
Note 1: C3
Voltage 1: 3.000V
Note 2: C4
Voltage 2: 4.000V
Connected to the Microbrutes “Pitch in” on the little Mod Matrix.

In the “MicroBrute Connection” Software set “Step on” to CLK.

Works like a charm.

Thanks for helping out! :smiley:

You`re welcome!

worked fine for me on vanilla settings, but it probably is much closer to 1v/oct than those settings posted
give it 15mins warm up and follow the CV instructions given in the OS release notes for the later os versions
a quick and dirty test of your cable is to set both to value lin and ensure that they are both independent, i.e. the cable is splitting the TRS from A4
a spare cv lfo on the pitch(stacked together) for vibrato gives sweet sweet tones from the microbrute
remember that the micro brute will transpose the voltages depending on last key pressed, so press something in the middle octave
check out the yusynth hacks and links to other individual outs, including an adventurous hack to get midi out that needs the steadiness of a brain surgeon afaict

edit: oops i misread 1.3 and 2.4 from the above post (i.e. 1.1v offset) - i see the error now, it was 3 and 4 with a 1v offset, but also still worth both of you running through the calibration procedures on the a4 supplementary notes after the brute is warmed up, mine is a tiny bit off, but close enough for jazz

So anyone know if there’s cables I can buy instead of soldering my own?

Been browsing thoman site and its a djungler of cables.

My advise… save money and start soldering.

I bought a lot of wrong cables in my life before I realized… even with my shaking hands basic soldering is quit easy.

If you need help to find the pin allocation pm me.

Some views in there
Get a long stackable tiptop audio cable and half it, attach to a TRS
Defo avoid adaptors at microbrute end

So I made my own cables and I got everything up and running with the microBrute… Wow, so much fun!

The “step on” set to gate when using the step sequencer in the MicroBrute is just lovely. :smiley:

Thanks guys once again for your help and advice.