MIDI THRU Sync B clock send

Does anybody know how to send a MIDI clock out of a THRU Sync B port?

probably not in the way you want, it’s covered here

Thank you.

I ended up using CV out C to send clock analog way to Korg Volca keys instead of MIDI clock out.

Seems to be working fine.

ah, cool, never thought to try that with the monotribes, been so busy using the cv/pitch with them which precludes the ability to sync in ! - must try that, i have heard it may be possible to do things with the DIN sync pulses that way too (special cable), although they will put the korgs in a odd (but interesting) tempo - that’s why we need Elektron to provide a clock divider at those MIDI ports (or more rate options)

fwiw, I was able to send a mono TS trigger out of one side of a split TRS cable from one of the Analog 4’s CV outs, but it seems that the Volca’s needed a stereo 3.5mm to get clock pulses which makes me think that you’ll need to use the whole CV A/B or C/D to get clock out to the Volca’s.

Anyone else notice a sync cable difference between Monotribe and Volca?

it should be backwards compatible and the sync standard doesn’t need stereo, it’s just a voltage spike, the monotribes come with stereo cables but that’s so you can hook other things in and send audio out without having the internal speaker sound too - are you sure your cable is splitting the A/B pair?

i’m finding it hit and miss (more miss) to get the two sequences to run in sync when i half the clock on the monotribe, at normal speed it is no probs

the korg’s also a bit shy, wish there was a bit of gain on the inputs

So there is no way to send MIDI Clock from Sync B?

Interesting. What cable Did you use to send clock from CV C to volca beats?