MIDI Seq. Hold note, or infinity note without retrig

Controlling my Virus via MIDI seq. of Octatrack, i need one time triggered, or hold midi note, without retrig. for long texture Pad. How can i do this? Its every time restart sound when reach the triger.

you can eather use a “one shot track” in “plays free mode” and trigger the track whenever you want the chord to be triggered
OR you can put in an armed trigger (Func+Trigger in REC-mode) and just arm the track when you want it to trigger the pad-chord.

But not sure what happens to the note off though, when the pattern is over.
You can also try halving the pattern-speed of that track to 1/2 or 1/4 if a note-off gets sent when the pattern stops.

1 Like

If you hit Function + trig on your active trigs twice, they will change into trigless trigs and it’ll “mute” the trig and will not retrig the notes.

Press the trig again, they’ll come back to what it was before being muted.

Thx for reply!
Trig mode one2 and infinity note works as i need!

1 Like

Virus have a “hold pedal” CC number which can be great fun for textures and stuff. I have just tried it from a switch on a midicontroller, so not sure if it works from the octa via the assignable knobs.

How to set up a “one shot track” in the “plays free mode”? Also, you can’t arm a trig on midi.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Digitakt tips and tricks