Midi chaining / keyboard notes passing through rytm to four

So I like for my setup to have the temp and start/stop begin with my rhytm but the problem is I cannot get my midi keyboard (which is connected to the rhythm) to pass the notes through to the four which is next in the line up. Is there any way I can make this happen. because i cannot get the notes to go through I have to have the four as my starting machine.

Connecting the keyboard directly to the four works just fine so it must be in a setting within the rytm that i just can’t find…

I’m presently unable to move this post to the correct thread or sub forum, but there are many to choose from

Midi arriving at In ONLY appears at Thru

This is midi basics

if you want to merge the midi out of AR then you need to browse those countless threads for a multitude of solution possibilities

1 Like

Thank you. merging the midi is what I am referring too. I understand the purpose of the thru but I need the clock and other midi info from the rytm to come along with the note info.

Specifically which menu box is checked that shouldn’t be. Or the other way around.

I thought i’d explained there wouldn’t be, you want to merge two physical ports, it can’t happen internally . .all the hardware solutions are documented in older threads

It is very rare for devices to serve up a virtual merge in the manner you’d like and it most certainly isn’t part of the MIDI spec

You need the OUT stream and the THRU stream , so you’ll need to merge these on a device, the other threads will spoil you with suggestions

My favourite tool, and also potentially the cheapest solution is a 8x8 s/h device
like so