Make Noise 0-coast

Make sure you are using the dynamic out with the included cable and not the line out.

I see that the manual does note to use a TS mono cable when connecting to balanced inputs. Will pick one up.

1 Like

ā€œThe Line Output is the only output we recommend plugging into your audio monitoring system.ā€

The dynamic out is 10vpp.

2 Likes

Ahh soā€¦my mistake

Thatā€™s how Iā€™ve been using mine otherwise I had the same issue.

8 Likes

ā€œI can get these sounds with Massive / Reaktor, I donā€™t need thisā€

Keeping the GAS at bay with affirmations.

it sounds like sheā€™s really maxing out her speaker(s) - canā€™t tell on this mac desktop very wellā€¦ it adds an acoustic quality, some people would call it undesirable. itā€™s kinda nice.

2 Likes

It sounds like something that took about 10 minutes to come up with. Calling it a ā€œperformanceā€ is stretching it a bit.

I have a 0-coast but this was pretty awful. 8 mins of just messing with a couple parameters. no melodic changes or anything. so strange

1 Like

I like it. Sure, itā€™s nothing complex but I found it quite pleasant to listen to.

4 Likes

me too. Like the sound

1 Like

been digging these Funk Tree workouts for drone-y, meditative 0-coastlines

1 Like

thereā€™s a good, driving pulse to it. it seemed a bit static, but iā€™m enjoying it more on repeated listens. it sounds like sheā€™s focusing more on the harmonics, though iā€™m not sure how much of it is determined by those pedals.

Yeah I dont mind the sound in the video. Itā€™s just more a patch demonstration than a live set!

hi

got my brand new 0-coast and itā€™s very refreshing, a very new universe to explore for me!

I have a question : am I alone to find this synth seriously lacking in the high frequencies department? I have to severely EQ it to boost the high freqs when using a bass + overtones simple patch, so as to have it to match the overall mix of the trackā€¦

Using higher pitches brings higher freqs but for basslines I feel a crude lack of brightnessā€¦

Bass is huge on this beast, BTW, and has a lot of character, I love it so far :slight_smile:

cheers

Raise the Overtones with the balance knob
And be aware that the dynamics is a low pass gate - so if it isnā€™t at 100%, some high cut filtering happens. It should be no problem to make the shrillest bass sounds.

6 Likes

This

cool track, thank you, now i want to have one too.

thanks, I didnā€™t know the low-pass-gate-dynamics-pot-thingie,

I think I had it fully open (CW) but Iā€™m gonna check this tonight.

cheers :slight_smile:

Hey dudes. Good thread.

I want to get into the modular world and extend what my ā€˜traditionalā€™ instruments can do - the MN Morphagene has blown my tiny little mind.

As a starting point - to get going - would something like the MN O Coast be a good investment? The sounds Iā€™m hearing from it are killer, it seems to play nicely with the Octatrack, and I guess it can be expanded with ā€˜bigā€™ eurorack modules as time / money allows. I really like the textural stuff it can do even more than the ā€˜standardā€™ modular arps/melodic patterns.