Make Noise 0-coast

thanks guys, yes the idea is to is to use the ocoast along with the a4.
so i could use one track output of th a4 to modulate the ocoast. i also have a mini modular system called tinysizer. wich on its own has two osc and fm options but the wave shaping options seems to be pretty limited.
i hesitate to start with the eurorack thing.

@Unifono is there something special to the make noise wavefolder/ waveshaper?

Special in what sense? Technically I donā€™t know, it just sounds amazing. To me, the whole 0-coast sounds like a single sweetspot, I love every sound I get out of it.
I only have digital wavefolders to compare (MI Warps, Reaktor Blocks, Softube Modular, U-he Repro 1) and I prefer the folder in the 0-coast. But it doesnā€™t go extremely nasty, if you want thatā€¦

Completely agree. Very well thought out. It also adds a lot of function to a small system.

2 Likes

parameters and of course sound wich seems to be pretty good.

1 Like

Iā€™m also loving my 0-coast :slight_smile:

Iā€™m thinking of getting an A4 MK2 to go with it. Is it a good combo? Got any workflow ideas for inspiration purposes?

i got an a4 mk2 but not an ocoast yet :cowboy_hat_face:

so iam curious about this as well.

I repeat myself :smiley:

3 Likes

It was said before, but if you compare the modules and functions you get in a single 0-coast to equivalent eurorack modules then the 0-coast is certainly a bargain.

1 Like

Cool little 0-Coast+A4MK2 video:

2 Likes

Has anyone tried modulating their A4MkII via CV/gate from a 0-Coast?

1 Like

I might smoked to much, but afaik, there is no cv in, you can send cv to midi and configure overbridge, or something :slight_smile: ā€¦there must be a way.

Has anyone put sides/cheeks on their 0 Coast?

Has anyone found a dust cover or protection for the 0 Coast?

Thanks

1 Like

dust cover would be great

1 Like

Iā€™m wondering if it would be best to just get a cheap, pistol hard case.

Iā€™m also on the look out for one for my mother as well.

Cool, your mum has an 0-C!

Only joking fella, I get what you mean :rofl:

1 Like

Ha! Nah seriously, Iā€™m looking for a box to keep her in- you just canā€™t take your eyes off these old dears nowadays!

1 Like

Love the sound, hate the graphics and typefaceā€¦

I bought one of these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/AmazonBasics-GoPro-Carrying-Case-Large/dp/B00PMMB4X8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1515949560&sr=8-1&keywords=amazon+basics+go+pro+carrying+case

I had to cut out more of the felt inside, as it looked like it would fit the O-Coast vertically but in fact it will only work horizontally. Still, it fits now!

1 Like

Ah cool. That looks like itā€™ll do the job!

Lusting after this pretty badā€¦
Problem is the only gear I have right now is:
Op1
Maschine MK3
Sp404
Keystep

Iā€™m pretty covered for ā€œnormalā€ synths with Maschine and Reason10/Ableton.
I have owned a few normal synths in the past but this 0coast is really alluring just because of the patching and unusual synthesis style, also the sizeā€¦ I have a very small apartment :blush:

I have been loving VCV rack lately and of course Reason CV and Reaktor.

What would I need to buy to add som CV LFO modulation to the 0coast?

EDIT: just went and checked the back of the keystepā€¦ wtf. Mod+clock+gate+pitch CV outs!! Awesome :slight_smile:
You can even map the mod to either mod wheel or aftertouchā€¦ damn I love that keystep lol. Never used it with CVā€¦ yet
The sequencer will be ace with an Ocoast

1 Like

Also can anyone tell me if this comes with a switching PSU?