Machinedrum was stuck on startup logo once. Should I be worried?

Today when I turned on my machinedrum MK2 UW with +drive it got stuck on the logo you see when it boots.

I turned it off and on again and this time it booted properly.

Is this a symptom of something? Should I be worried? Does anyone have this happen with his machinedrum?

Regards

with problems like this, it depends on how often it occurs…

does it happen once a day, once a week, once a month? that kind of thing

really, anything more than once a month indicates some issue somewhere… could be a number of things causing it tho

first thing you need to be able to do is reproduce the problem reliably, then you can troubleshoot by changing the device’s environment, etc.

otherwise, not much to do

I’ve had this. Did it once then about 3 weeks later it started doing it all the time. Got strange graphics/characters too.
As it was out of warranty I opened it up & disconnected then reseated the ribbons.
Been fine ever since, there’s a thread on here about it somewhere with pics

Aha possibly something with the ribbon! The machinedrum hanged after I transported it in my laptop bag. I was carrying it for a 15 minute walk and then at home it hanged at boot.

If it occurs again I will open the machinedrum up and check the connections.

I found the topic you were talking about
http://www.elektronauts.com/t/dont-panic/11651/96224

Cheers

I had this same problem recently (more on that at MD shutting down/not starting up). I’ve since opened up the box and checked the connections, which proved fruitless, so I sent it in to the LA repair center where it’s current being worked on.

One important thing to know is that before sending it I tried one last time to get it up and running so I could save my battery-backed memory to the +Drive. After a few tries, it booted up and immediately went into Factory Reset mode even though I did NOT select it (it wasn’t even on the test/reset screen), which wiped the entire battery-backed memory clean. Fortunately, I didn’t lose much but my strong suggestion, if you’re not already doing it, is to get used to saving to the +Drive early and often.

Good luck and please let us know how it works out.

^ Hey Jason
Did you actually pull all the ribbons or just check they were in position?
Mine looked fine but I’m guessing there was some oxidation on the pins & friction from removal & reseating sorted it.

And yeah back up for sure :slight_smile:

Yeah I reseated the ribbons with a friend who knows his way around this stuff, but no dice. Curious to hear what the repair center folks have to say.