Machinedrum UW+ MIDI out notes hanging

hi I searched this forum and others for a similar problem but found nothing.

I’ve got an atomosynth koe desktop module with its own midi>cv converter that works fine with every other device ive used it with (MPC1000, Ensoniq SQ-80, Akai AX60, Roland Alpha Juno) but it doesn’t work properly with my Machinedrum. Only random notes will play (about 1 in 8) and will almost always hang (not stop).

I’ve tried changing midi cables, midi channels, adjusting length and velocity and using other synths for the midi signal to go thru before hitting the Atomosynth with the same results. I know the MIDI out works fine as it triggers my other synths correctly.

Has anyone experienced anything like this before? Very frustrating as these two would be so perfect for a compact techno setup and playing acid lines from my old MPC was my favourite use of this obscure little synth. Thanks in advance!

A bit weird, because midi is a standard protocol.

Do you use MID machines only ?
Correct me if I’m wrong, but AFAIK if Global > Sync > CTRL OUT is ON, you’ll send default track trig midi note too (Map Editor). Maybe those notes don’t have notes off, hence stuck notes.
That could put a mess, just a guess.

thanks for your reply - but I had control out off. I had my base channel set to either channel not being used by my synths or to – but both result in the same.

yes it has me bewildered - I guess the midi to CV must be too basic to accept the notes? but that seems very odd considering my aka ax60 accepts the midi from the MD and its from 89 or so and the atomosynth is contemporary.

I’d use a midi monitor to compare working midi messages and MD midi messages. Maybe too much data sending. Disable clock, CCs…and keep midi notes only.