Machinedrum Looping for Transitions

Hey guys!

I’m busy with creating a live set on the DT, DN and eurorack. I was looking at some alternatives to transition.

First I wanted to use ableton when OB hits I can then use soundtoys FX on each channel of the DT and DN and I can use the looper for transitions.

Then I was looking at some alternatives like the xone DB4 and maybe an octratrack. However, I decided not to buy any additional gear as I have my hands full with exploring what I have.

So now I decided to turn towards my machinedrum, see if I could give it a spin and a place in this setup. I wanted to assign a kit to it that remains unchanged during the set, simply for some playability. I also want to utilize the looper for transitions.

Now I did some research on how to transition with the MD using the looper. But im not sure. I never explored this before.

I was wondering if you guys have any additional thought on this. would be cool to get some input!

Cheers,

You could definitely do it with RAM record and playback machines, when I’ve played around with this I’ve found the loss of fidelity with the 12-bit sampling is somewhat noticeable with full tracks going into it but maybe you’d get away with it in a live situation - or maybe you could keep some key elements eg kick drum out of the sampler so they don’t lost fidelity

2 Likes

If you haven’t read Tarekith’s TIps & Tricks, it’s worth the time. http://tarekith.com/assets/machinedrum_tipsandtricks.htm

The 3rd section titled “Performace” should get to most of your issues.

3 Likes

Awesome really helpful thanks!

yeah thought about this too, would have to experience it and hear if i can get away with it.

1 Like