Mac OSX Overbridge Support for High Sierra

Doesn’t seem to be an official thread to track when Overbridge gets support for OSX 10.13 High Sierra.

1 Like

I just acquired a Digitone and really want to use it with my Mac. The hardware is brand new, but I guess Overbridge is showing it’s age, and lack of compatibility.

Any information on when Overbridge will support Mac OSX 10.13 High Sierra?

Tuesday

4 Likes

Well played sir, well played.

2 Likes

I hope that isn’t a joke. I am a newbie, but it appears that driving the Digitone from any DAW is not possible without Overbridge. Tried a couple of iOS / IPAD DAW’s and Ableton Live 9 on the Mac … No joy.

So I hope Tuesday is a serious answer …

It’s not serious, no one knows when overbridge 2.0 will be available.

What to you mean driving the digitone with your daw?

If you mean midi controlling it with your daw that is possible without oberbridge.

2 Likes

Yes, that is what I mean. I want to drive the Digitone via MIDI from a DAW to play notes. I had some success with the MIDI starting the Digitone playing the current sequence, but I really want to setup a song in a daw and export the notes to the Digitone to play. Can you point me an any tutorials in these forums that perhaps outline how to do this? Thank you in advance!

You could find that info almost anywhere - ableton forums, youtube, etc. Search for “sequencing external gear using ableton live” and you should find what you need. Basic MIDI control .

You just need to set midi output of a track to your digitone, the midi out of your soundcard that is

Have the same problem. I work with OB a lot…

Anyone knows when OB can operate with OSX 10.13 High Sierra?

Tuesday!

I’ve been patient with waiting for OB for High Sierra and the new machines. I’m a software developer and have worked in the audio world of development enough to know that it can be super hairy. However, once in awhile I want to do something and I can’t as easily as I should because OB is missing for me. I still hold out some hope that things will come together and it will be released, probably just in time to be incompatible with Mojave - but such is life.

Lastly, remember the Virus TI? Another software “Total Integration” which really was just a nice way of saying “pops and clicks.” The more I use electronic instruments the more I think audio is meant to be left in the analog realm once it leaves the instrument - maybe it doesn’t really want to be turned into bits.

1 Like

Weirdly, OB seems to work about as well on High Sierra for me. It’s never been the most stable software anyhow, so if there’s something particularly messed up about it, I haven’t noticed it.

What sort of errors are people running into?