Low hanging fruit enhancements

I’ll try that. Just got my RYTM MKII this week, and have been using all the empty banks and kits on the project it starts up with because there is still a lot of space left.

If the Legacy FX option is still checked on blank kits after creating a new project , I’ll just create myself a blank kit with it unchecked that I can use to copy/paste everytime I want a new blank kit.

You’re right. Just checked. No Legacy FX as default now. That’s much better.

4 Likes

Yeah, I’m pretty sure projects created on OS versions before the update and the presets project have it checked for continuity, but fresh projects on the later OSs have it unchecked… The presets were originally created with the legacy fx levels so I think that’s why new kits seem to use the same setting for project continuity.

3 Likes

What about the noise section? No idea how it is implemented other than being digital since you can bit reduce it, no scope there for waveforms? Is it a low effort (in terms of spec) sampling of noise without a route to further expansion?

You are both correct. Just wanted to make sure that we don’t end up with the oscillators are digital rumour again.

3 Likes

I just talk for Digitakt and Digitone, I don’t know the other machines, but [func] + [trig] is basically enabling a trigless trig, which is a powerful and important feature. So u no touch ! Haha :wink:

I really do not understand the disparity between ins on digitone and digitakt.

1 Like

They don’t have the same processing power, the DN seems to have more, meanwhile the DT has to deal with sample storage and a playback sound engine. That’s what i understood.

1 Like

There is plenty of room for a nice little active mixer inside the Digitakt … darenager where art thou? :grinning:

3 x stereo ins, 1 mono out internal to DT in, 1 internal stereo mix from DT outs, drill front side panel for jacks, mute buttons, knobs …

1 Like

OT they have always said bug fixes supported, v2 being released has also been beneficial with extended support. The silver boxes are long gone unfortunately.

1 Like

Up to 1024 steps for RLEN recording time for Octatrack. Impossible to automate more than 64 steps without midi.

4 Likes

If you’re not in record more, they aren’t used for anything. On the AR/DT/OR they trig the sound of the track, on the AR they trig a note of the currently selected tracks. But I definitely get your point - mixed use of these keys could be problematic. This was just an example, of course.

On the AR, the same menu is opened when you press [func] with [synth], [sample], [amp], [filter], or [lfo], so any of those key combinations could be used be replaced with ones that give you access to 5 more deep menus

1 Like

You’re damn right and now I feel stupid to not having thought about it haha… But yeah, it still could add a layer of confusion and potential mistakes though.
Maybe those shortcuts could be activated by something like double tapp the Func button when not in record mode and then hit the trig you want. I dunno.

A Scene mode for Octatrack :
Like you would select Chromatic, Slices…mode, a Scene mode letting you select 2 scenes at the same time. Lower is A, upper is B.
That would be extremely powerfull.

It is Not very convenient to select 2 scenes quickly while playing crossfader. Doable with midi, parts, Arranger though.

2 Likes

Lots of tiny OT requests that would make a huge difference in this previous ‘small tweaks / low hanging fruit’ here:

1 Like

Would be lovely to see an OT update addressing some of these - one for the Mark II recent buyers and a reward to the trusty Mark I!

1 Like

DT second filter. DT and DN selectable control all. Individual trig previewing.

Same Os, one for both then. :wink:

DT master page - levels can be global (per project) or per pattern.

1 Like

A per bank option would be super nice for performance. I wish all the send fx + the compressor had the option to be set per bank actually, copy - pasting is a pain.

Also Trig + Yes to preview individual trigs on the DT & DN. Would make parameter locks much easier to dial in.

To me those both seem pretty attainable through os updates :slight_smile: