Lots of Heat, Elektrons and DSI led to this tune

I first recorded my P08 (which I sadly dont have anymore, I’m still working on getting that huge, wide sound using my DN+AH!), with a few nice chords, i then took them through Soundtoys’ Decapitator, and then through AH, same with the kick drum from AR, hell almost everything in the song has been processed a bit or more by AH. It started out as a chill, deep house-y tune, and now I don’t know what genre this is is, and I don’t really care to label my music anymore tbh haha. But thought I might post it here if anyone wants to listen for a bit! Cheers!

4 Likes

I think there’s some great tones in this! Very alive. Nice work.

2 Likes

Thank you!

Mmmmmmm… Yeah… Dancing under the stars… Near the end somewhere I thought I heard Pink Floyd throwing a rave…:grin: Theres some juju in there…

1 Like

Nice sound there mate
Not a fan of the big distorted 909 type highhat though.
Would swap that for something smaller, less abrasive and more subtle to suit the the rest of the mix

2 Likes

Very nice work there, that’s awesome ! Love to hear more.

1 Like

Thanks! That’s funny, that ride was one of the first things I decided to be in the core of the song haha. I remember I had listened to some old Bicep track and I liked the way they focused on one part of the percussions, and decided I wanted a really distorted hi hat/ride to be a big part of the sound.

Thanks!

Haha thank you! Yeah, there’s some guitar-ish feels towards the end for sure! I was thinking of some kind of The War On Drugs type of ending when I arranged that part

1 Like

Whats the reason to use ST Decapitator if you have and use AH after it? Great tune btw :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, because they are two different flavours of distortion, would be my excuse! And thank you, dear sir! :slight_smile:

1 Like