Logic Pro X and Overbridge

connected AR + A4 via Overhub on a macbookpro 2011 yosemite with Logic X 10.2.1 (new Logic update avaialbe since Thursday) … and the only thing i´m getting is very bitcrushing something … not even worth to call that “sound”.

Even the new Plugin is to big to fit on the screen on a macbook 13".

1 plugin (a4 or ar) works fine. but as soon as I turn the other plugin on, it gets … strange, noisy, bitchrushy …

I recognized that also only one of the 2 stereo channels is coming into logic. I set up ping pong delay and wide reverb - bit is still mono. When I pan a sound in the A4 to right, I hear the sound. But when I pan to the left I hear only the delay and reverb - no orginal sound.

Would I be right in saying that, at some stage, the issues with logic and overbridge will be solved and it won’t be shelved?

Asking as I’m learning Logic at the minute and part of my reason for starting with Logic was the thought that I can use OB with it.

Thanks

Honestly I seriously doubt it at this point. I bought a second-hand copy of Live 9.5 after being a Logic user just so I could get OB to work (and having very little faith a stable Logic version was coming anytime soon). I’m having more problems now with 1.10 in Live than I had before the update (overhub isn’t even working now).
Thinking now about just reselling Live and forgetting Overbridge ever existed.

I can get one device working in Logic, although with fairly severe latency / sync issues - both when using the boxes’ sequencer and sequencing from the piano roll. However, if I instantiate a second plugin (A4 and Rytm), everything goes to hell.

Tbh, I haven’t really spent too much time with Logic, as I’m concentrating on testing with Live at the moment, however my impression is that it’s still not at a point where it’s really viable.

Hey everyone, am I correct in saying that you shouldn’t let your Elektron device become your audio interface? Keep using your usual interface driver? I was getting almost 1/2 beat latency sync if the Elektron AR takes over.

-In Logic create a multi-timbral software instrument with 6 parts (Tracks 1-4, FX, CV)

-Load Overbridge into the track as a multi-output instrument.

-In the mixer view press the + icon of the track 4 times (or 5 if you want to use the external-in track).

-Now you have individual tracks.

-To record them send them to individual buses and make audio tracks with those buses as inputs.

-Remember to stop the voices from going to the main out so that you can have a stereo fx track with none of the dry signals.

I can only get 1 machine working at a time and the sync makes it unusable in combination with other sound sources :disappointed:

For me this solution is unusable, maybe i’m missing something.
When i try to record midi files in to the 4 Aux, sometimes my AK read the Midi and sometimes no, the result is that i can only use 1 TRK at times.
Anyones tried this configurations?

for me the solution to send audio to a bus and pickup the bus with another audio track to record works.

I used the stereo plugin but only got a mono sound. Does anyone have the same problem or are you getting a nice stereo sound?

The individual ins are mono (despite showing up as stereo in DAW).

I get my stereo from the FX track and pan the individual tracks in Live.

I fired Elektron an email regarding the many issues that seem to be arising with Logic users here, and in the reply I was assured that they are “working hard towards a more stable Logic Pro X implementation for Overbridge”.

No dates given.

This comes a great news for me, personally.

Hi folks. Is there any definitive way to set up everything in Logic for overbridge or is it just down to experimentation?.. Like a video guide online somewhere? I have only seen one youtube video tutorial that describes how to get audio in and set up and aggregate device for midi.

I’m trying to follow the written tips on setup in this thread but I’m not having much luck understanding… I am new enough to Logic however so it could just be me.

If anyone knows of a comprehensive (visual?) guide to set up I’d appreciate it:)

Thanks!

Hello.
After I updated to El Capitan my Fast Track Pro is not working anymore.
If I want to use my Analog Rytm as a sound card, what can I do?
Did anyone try this with Logic?
What about latency and resolution?

Sync is shocking in Logic. Completely unusable.

Every time I switch to a different track in the arrange window, the timing freaks out.

Maybe i do something wrong, but for me Overbridge AU plugin doesn’t play midi notes from Logic. How to get it worked that way?

A post was merged into an existing topic: New Overbridge working great for me in Logic Pro X

Hi guys!
So… finally we have a beta version of the Audio Unit of Overbridge.
Im running Logic Pro X 10.4.4 on Mojave 10.14.4…

Im having issues recording the separate tracks, is not the same method as Ableton.

Some here with the same problem?

yep it´s finally working. please read this thread:

It´s somewhere here described how to setup logic channels to record audio via overbridge. But a tutorial for Logic by Elektron (@Olle ?? :slight_smile: ) would be really nice!

1 Like