Load a scene as the current settings?

Apologies if this is covered in the manual, I’ve only just got the OT and am having too much fun to read it and a Google turned up nothing.

If I’ve been tweaking a scene and actually I like the result of the scene so much that I want to “load” that scene as the current “default” settings - by which I mean all of the knobs will show the values from the scene when I am not pressing either scene button - is there a way to do that?

Hope this makes some sense…!

2 Likes

:joy:

2 Likes

Hehe, only half true really, I’m at work and it popped into my head… don’t have that much time to play with it in the evenings right now so playing is more fun than reading though :wink:

There’s not a direct function to do that, would be cool though. You’ll have to hold down the scene to search out the parameters then let go and change the default parameter to match, one by one. If you need to keep the current defaults then save the part first, make the changes from the scene, save as a new part, and when you go back to the initial part reload it…

In the future if you think you might be tweaking toward a new default state instead of a scene state, as long as you have the part saved you can make the changes right on the edit pages and if you don’t like them you can reload the part…

5 Likes

Ah cool, that’s good to keep in mind for future use :slight_smile: Thanks!

Yeah, having Part to Scene and Scene to Part functions would be pretty cool :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Haha…
One day I’ll support you Rusty and thus support my OT, I’ve had a crazy few years in the material realm… :smiley:

It will be amazing if they create a fonction like KAPTURE for ableton live.
https://www.ableton.com/en/packs/kapture/

You can pretty much do that with Octaedit although it’s not a live thing.

3 Likes

What @Kingtiers said; more or less copy/paste; load/save anything. But not live because of the Octatracks limitations.

1 Like