Live show at SXSW Austin tonight!

Hey Rimshots and Cowbells,

I will be playing a live set tonight (Friday) at 8:30pm at Spider House Ballroom in Austin, TX

It will be an improv set alongside friends Strange Strains (Mario Hernandez) and Ricky Tinez (Enrique Martinez). We are calling ourselves “Señor QuanTinez”

Gear:
Digitakt
Digitone
Octatrack
Rytm MK2
SP404
OTO Biscuit

Hope to see you there!

Rhythm Droid :robot:

9 Likes

I think I’m more of a high Tom… :smile:
Hoping you have a great show from 2000 miles over yonder…

3 Likes

Awesome. My mate and I (aka. Xuiqen) will be looking on from the crowd. We wish you well. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice! Unofficial? Can us locals get in?

2 Likes

Assuming this is the Defunkt showcase, yeah — and it’s free, last I checked.

1 Like

I actually don’t know if they are limiting it to SXSW attendees. I don’t think there are barriers, because it’s free entry. Here’s a link:

I’ll try to make it by, as that’s after my hit at 4:30. Are any of you checking out Synth Expo today or tomorrow?

1 Like

I’ll be there all day both days. :wink:

1 Like

I just got offered a gig elsewhere at the same time (typical SouthBy)… sorry to miss this.

2 Likes

How did your gig go?
We had a good time over in Austin!

3 Likes

What a beautiful table! Mine was great, thanks! Recording session writing songs on the spot! Fun situation for a horn player, for sure!

Great concept:

2 Likes

How cool! Great ad, too! LOL
Are any available to share? Did you use Elektron machines at all??

1 Like

No elektron stuff. It wasn’t that kind of situation. In addition to my tenor sax, I did have my PO33 in case I wanted to mangle something. The night turned into more horn line stuff, harmony stabs, and some nasty, grimy solis.

Wish I could share something, but the concept is that only one 7” gets cut on a vinyl lathe, and it goes to the storyteller. Pretty rad.

2 Likes