Live recording sustain pedal not working

I’m probably doing something wrong here. Some help would be appreciated…

When I try to live record a “latched” chord to the midi sequencer with a sustain pedal, the sustain information is not being recorded. It sounds fine while recording, but when the OT plays back the recorded chord, the chord stops where I released the keys and not where I released the sustain pedal.

The same happens when I try to “latch” an arp through the OT using the sustain pedal. The OT is set up to play an arp, and it works when holding down the chord, but when using the sustain pedal it doesn’t keep the arp going.

My sustain pedal is connected to my synth, and I can see that the OT receives the corresponding CC (I assign one of the knobs to CC64 and when I press the sustain pedal the value jumps from 0 to 127).

Am I doing something wrong or is this not possible with the OT?

Are the CC64 values recorded?

Hi, I stumbled upon the same problem, got here searching for a solution, bumping an older thread… The conventional “arp hold” function doesn’t seem to exist in the OT. CC64 doesn’t work with the arp, because “sustain” isn’t “hold” or “latch” . What sustain does, is temporarily storing the note-off’s in a buffer so that notes will be “on” until you release the sustain pedal: then the buffered note-off’s are released so that the notes will stop and can finish their envellope.

The arp is a mini looping sequencer that sends note on and offs paired (the note length, and rests, can be defined). It reads which notes are “on” to know what to play. It’s at this level that the “hold” function buffers the note-offs. It’s a special function.

If you send CC64: 127 to the synth while it’s being played by the OT’s arpeggiator, the received notes will sustain so this will lead to an escalating build-up until you run out of polyphony.

So I don’t think this is possible, but I’ll keep searching. In fact, it’s such a basic function of an arpeggiator that I can’t believe this was not incorporated.

1 Like