List of Favourite Effect Settings for Octatrack

Hi folks, I wanted to start a thread to get peoples advice on their favourite Octatrack effects and the settings they use…?

I get great results using the dark reverb and delay with minimal tweaking…

But then other effects like flanger, phaser and chorus can take some time twiddling about to sound good and usable,

Anyone with some cool presets they always seem to rely on…?

Please give examples of the particular effects you like to use… and the settings of the parameters found in the main and setup pages of the effect blocks

You could also add a preset name if your so inclined… :wink: (just something that describes its use or application)

Optional: Multiple effect chains used in combination for a desired result… Or any parameter thats linked to scenes and the crossfader…

These presets can be subtle or extreme… Everything welcomed…

Cheers.

9 Likes

Bump.

Funny that you opened this thread as I wanted to yesterday!

I have worked a lot with OT fx lately but to be honest I haven‘t found one combination of parameters/fx that made the sound in any way more appealing or are worth to be saved into a scene.

Would be really nice to see what other people like.

1 Like

Maybe this thread could be of use.

5 Likes

Thanks, I’ll check it out…

Here’s a thread started by @previewlounge where we discussed compressor settings.

3 Likes

Nice one, cheers for this… :+1:

1 Like

Heres some good master bus compressor settings from another post by @previewlounge

2 Likes

I love the OT for many things, the FX no. It’s the compressor sometimes, and the dark reverb to get a feeling sometimes. But they all suck, really. It doesn’t take points from other aspects of OT

And if you think all the effects are crap, you can always plug in external effects with the Cue out/input trick.

2 Likes

Echo Freeze Delay Beat Repeater

Main Page

Time: 48
FB: 127
Vol: 127
Base: 0
Wdth: 127
Send: 127

Setup Page

X: Off
Tape: On or Off
Dir: 127
Sync: On
Lock: On
Pass: Off

Here are the settings to activate the echo freeze delay beat repeater, you can choose to have tape either on or off, set this to your preference…

To control the effect, you have to access the Delay Control trig mode… See the manual for details…

It’s defiantly not a big secret this one… But I though I would add it anyway for easy reference to anyone wanting to set this effect up quickly…

I personally abuse this functionality on the Octatrack… especially if you set an LFO to control the delay time parameter… And for even more crazyness set an LFO to control the depth of the LFO controlling the time parameter… Glitch heaven… :scream:

5 Likes

I’m going to extend your question to favorite Effect/Technique:
Pretty much every OT project I create has the fader set to run SSR and Filter typically Width 60/Q 80 for a delightful live performance feel. Tasty!

I’m not sure this is subtle : :sketchy:

Inspired by Predatohm Plugin

T1 : Original sliced loop, PIPO loop mode, Scene B > LOFI (DIST/SRR/BRR), Recording T1
T2-T3-T4 : Playing R1, 3 band Filter Dist (3 settings for BASE, WDTH =48, different DIST settings), CUE send
T5 Recording CUE, playing R5, rdm lfo on FILTER BASE, Scene B > FILTER settings, CUE send for feedback

Playing with crossfader, T1 PITCH, LEN (TIME mode), RATE, REL

4 Likes