List of easy fixes for a final OS update

I think we’d have to bribe a dev to retire :tunga:

As crazy as it sounds, if we had a very tight, organized list we could perhaps offer to pay for the dev’s time. At some point it would be worth everyones time and money to make a few last changes. I would guess that some of the people at Elektron use the Octatrack too and would be happy to have a few small things done.

This is why I would like to have a very organized list with all the details worked out. Make sure all the key combos are defined and all conflicts resolved so that the work could go fast.

1 Like

The best and only thing the community can do is be coordinated and vigilant about actual known/conformed issues, anything that’s already in there and isn’t working quite right is a legitimate target for resolution, but unless it’s something critical it’ll likely suffer the wait behind all the other development for new products … but as long as we know what’s unresolved and keep that in one place we’ll know what to look out for (eventually, hopefully) and what not to keep reporting to Elektron … i.e. i think these kinds of initiatives make sense for everyone if expectations are realistic, it’d be pretty hard to justify leaving this unresolved for too long

There is absolutely no way that money will ever factor into this, so that notion should be dropped, it wouldn’t be necessary; but the end users will need to dip into their patience wallet, that much is clear … esoteric issues on the OT will be way down the pecking order compared to issues getting OB sorted and so on, this is a hard truth … especially as there also seems to be lots more devices coming along supporting this … obviously any known issues that are more critical you’d like to think there will be some more urgency to get those fixed … that would probably only be aided by a community working together to keep the issues in some sort of focus. like here … the last endeavour lost some steam, but that had a different remit … a concise readable list of known bugs is really a no-brainer win for both new and established users, but there may be some disagreement about what constitutes a bug and what is a quirk of functionality as for as Elektron are concerned

fwiw … these slow fermenting threads have a tendency to get locked automatically by the forum software after a while, so the opening post will become uneditable by normal users, so it may be best to organise via a Mod or we can sort some wiki type post out

3 Likes

We did one to DSI for the Tempest and it worked, but we had 2 very skilled driving forces,
Roger Linn and John the Savage. Between to two they compiled and confirmed all the bugs.
Now a great % of them have been squashed. Much of that was achieved by R L obviously having the “cant be bothered to fix bugs on older machines” Dave Smiths ear.
I put the OT in the same boat as the Tempest, A great idea with decidedly poor original software, that has never really been finished.
aS i often do, repeat myself, the original overbridge disaster killed A LOT of machine development particularly
for the OT.
And why I dont consider new Elektron gear anymore, only second hand and after all the issues have been raised. An out of pocket beta tester I will not be.

1 Like

I think it’s the same for all company… not relative to elektron and from my point of view : at least with elektron I have joy for the new addition which is not promised or due, and offered for free… I can speak about so many company who launch product with 60% ready, or asking for money to upgrade etc…