Launch xl issues

so I bought a launch control xl to control my OT and have run into some unusual problems with it. It seems to be working fine until I turn on any of my synths running through my iconnectivity midi box, when I do all synths go mad and play scrambled notes! other strange behaviour involves the midi sequencer on the OT whilst in chromatic mode some of the trigs do not play?? as soon as I pull out the midi out cable to the OT all goes back to normal… I have a midi keyboard that controls some synths set up the same way usually with no issues at all…

edit

take the launch control xl out of the equation and this still happens…
as soon as I plug into the OT from the iconnectivity 4+ scrambled eggs bro… :frowning:
midi set up on OT as follows
midi - control - audio cc in x
audio cc out INT
audio note in x
audio note out INT
sync - transp send x clock send x
prog ch send off
ch auto
recv off
ch auto
channel auto 1
all trig ch 1 > 8

my synths are set up on midi channels 9> 16

what am I dooooooiiiiingggg wrooooooong???

What MIDI connections have you made between all the instruments?

You need to download and install iConfig from iConnectivity. (PC must be connected to the rear USB socket) In here you can set the port routing. Have the LCXL only send MIDI to the Octatrack and not any other synths.
You can also set the synths to send MIDI to the Octatrack to allow CC learning, it’s rather cool!

3 Likes

Good stuff.
I’ve not tried Auracle yet but will at some point.
I have to say the Midi4+ is a brilliant bit of kit. The hub of all things Midi!

1 Like

OT > mio4
mio4 > tb-3
mio4 > system 1
mio4 > analog rytm
analog rytm through > analog keys
jp-08 > mio4
mio4 > usb hub > op-1 + launch control xl
mio4 > OT in
mio4 > iconnectmidi 4+
iconnectmidi4+ > nord lead a1r
rytm > mx-1
second mx-1 > usb port 1 mx-1
this way everything works fine except when I plug OT back into either mio4 or iconnectmidi 4+

will have a look, I have iconfig but haven’t really delved into it, I had to turn off midi send from op-1 as it was screwing around with tempo!
thanks for the advice :slight_smile:

1 Like

@PeterHanes
any ideas man? still not able to use this controller :frowning:

Sorry, I’ve been really busy. Are you still having problems? If so, what are the remaining issues?

1 Like