Krell type cycles for the A4?

A question for all the modular folk, is it possible to do krell type cycles With the A4? I sold my modular system to fund the Dark Trinity but I now fin myself missing the random burst and krell style patching I was able to achieve with my modular. I was a huge fan of the Woggle bug and Maths modules. Has anyone experimented with this idea?

After reading the thread about the feedback function (http://www.elektronauts.com/t/osc-1-feedback/1734), I decided to make a patch based on those ideas, and it turned out kinda’ krelly. It’s probably not exactly what you’re looking for, but there’s a lot of options in this machine. This recording is just me pressing one of the keyboard keys once- no sequencing, no touching any of the encoders, except to fade out at the end. It’s based around a muted osc 2 modulating the amplitude of osc 1, which is set to filter feedback. The resonance from filter 2 is making most of the bleeps and bloops, which are randomized by the lfos. I also routed track 1 into track 2 in order to use it’s filters as well and it’s lfos for panning.
https://soundcloud.com/jason-fairchild/krelly-jelly

Edit - maybe it’s not based so much around the feedback function, but that’s where the ideas started. lol

Sounds like a great starting point. I am going to explore this some this week. I also really miss the plonks I used to get from pinging the vactrol on the Optomix in my old system.

I would love to hear the results if it is still online somewhere? Or would you mind sharing an Overbridge/display screenshot so I can understand better you patching? I’m really keen to explore more Krell inspired routing with the A4.

I’d certainly be interested in exploring this avenue more too, having become enamoured of generative patches on the 0-Coast.

Hey! I’ve since changed my soundcloud handle, and that’s changed url. Here’s the new one:

It’s a couple of years old, and so I now feel like it doesn’t do the idea as much justice as when I first made it. I’m going to make some new sounds now and see if I can’t improve on the original idea.

Thanks for the reminder!

4 Likes