Korg Volca Mix

Wow awesome! That’s a nice alternative!

Thanks! Whilst I’d never try to pass mine off as a direct replacement for the Volca Mix or anything else, it does the job of mixing small devices very well (and nothing else) so for some people might be more suitable. I have sold them for a few years now, to all corners of the world, including to some “famous” people, never had a single one returned or a single complaint. I was the first to offer this specific kind of passive mixer, although in the past few years a few people have copied them, imitation in the sincerest form of flattery though right? :smile:

3 Likes

I’m really impressed! Someone told me once it’s not to hard to make something like this, but your version looks pretty good, and it’s perfect for the volcas and boutiques ect. I already have a cheap Behringer for my Volca setup, otherwise I would buy one on eBay from you! Since this is a passiv Mixer it doesn’t need any power right? Kind of interested about your famous customer :wink:

Yes it is very simple electronically, there are tradeoffs to passive mixers eg level loss, but sound quality is great, you just amplify from the output to make up lost gain.

I can’t name names, but there have been quite a few, most of them are in the techno music scene, a couple from Warp records etc.

Anyhoo, going a bit OT now, mods feel free to move or delete.

2 Likes

No problem! I have lots of respect for people who build and sell there own gear, and i’m sure other electronauts will be glad to have the option to buy one! I might gonna buy one in future, I really like that they are reduced to what I need, they are small but perfect for the volcas! Well done, mate!

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Korg Prologue 8/16 Voice Analog Poly Synth

I like it! The only thing that is puzzling me is, will feeding 3 volcas from these power sockets introduce extra noise/hum/buzz, like has been the case with 3rd party power supply utilities (cough cough myVolts cough).

I wonder how many watts this will consume when powering 3 volcas and running at loud output level. Some sort of portable power supply is a no-brainer for this.

I bet these will sell nicely, although I’d imagine most people needing two to get enough channels etc

My only gripe are the faders… 0 point is not at the top of travel? not ideal by a long shot

I try to refrain from embellished language, but the VolcaMix is as close to useless as I have ever seen a thing.
If you have 3 devices and some effects pedals, this thing only creates unnecessary complexity.
What’s the benefit of 3 tiny faders for volume when you could just use the knobs on the device your mixing?
I dont even know why I am commenting or letting this create any emotion in me, I guess it’s just that ridiculous to me.
Maybe I dont like how it takes the idea of mixing and turns it into so cheap.

“Bruh check out my sick mix” :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Am I the only one who thinks this is perfect for Elektron boxes?

A4, DT and OT on a channel each with all my fancy effects as a send.

I suspect having mutes and send FX + filter and so on on each channel would come in useful - it’s certainly tempting as a replacement for a small Behringer mixer, especially with the three power outs as well.

This is close to how I feel about Korg’s output recently, and especially the Volcas. Some of them actually sound good enough to use but the rest of the box is atrocious, screaming out “as CHEAP as possible”.

As much as I don’t understand why they went with only three channels this can actually be quite useful in a setup with volcas simply because it provides and easy way to route three volcas into one channel on a full size mixer. No longer will they take up multiple stereo channels unnecessarily.

Edit: it’s also priced like a volcas unlike the vixen mixer.

2 Likes

It has two mono channels and one stereo channel unfortunately.

I would just forgo mutes for the built in volume knob, or whatever else might suffice on a volca.
Although a filter is there, is it useful? Maybe every now and then, yet there might be a filter on said device you’re mixing.
I could live without one send, and just get creative with my existing effects and knobs.

@Nagualizer
I like what Korg is doing.
Lot’s of variety and price points.
I’m pretty sure the whole idea of the volcas was to make something really cheap that sounded pretty decent.
I just think the VolcaMix is a bit silly.
I mean I get it, but it’s a little comical to me thinking someone is gonna be heavily passionate about hitting mutes and filter cutting on a whopping 3 other tiny things.
At the price point you could get a smaller mixer and at least have a real EQ.

What about chaining two Volca Mixes together :grin:

This does not look like the same company that made the original MS analogue synths, then the Wavestation, Wavedrum, Prophecy and Z1. I’m not sure if it’s related to the state of the economy in Japan…

Wonder if the send is pre or post fade. Hoping pre

Ah, I must’ve missed that. That’s unfortunate, I probably won’t get one now.

NAMM has been a letdown so far. And it hasn’t even started.

1 Like

hey, just watch this and relax mate

SEEK BEATZZZ

2 Likes