Korg Monologue

I won’t get one. But if any of these features get added to the Minilogue in a future update, I might be interested in a Minilogue:

LFO w/ high speed or one-shot
Sequencer enhancements over the Minilogue
Microtuning

Source:

Curious, apparently they brought in mr AFX to consult. Neat to see they’ve added microtuning.

That gold color is hot like a gold Zelda cartridge

6 Likes

I wasn’t really expecting to be impressed but after watching that video I was actually. That filter sounds pretty nice and the combination of sync/ringmod/super fast LFO’s makes some interesting sounds. Should be another hit for Korg and a good competitor to the microbrute

1 Like

A version of this as a module with CV integration would be awesome.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: MonoLogue

So there appears to be no dedicated amp EG.

I take it the single EG acts as simultaneous AMP + 1 mod destination.

It’s the first synth I’ve ever considered buying for the presets. :panda:

I preordered the black one. I love RDJ’s involvement with this; I love Aphex Twin. This will make a fun controller.

1 Like

This video shows a couple of interesting things:

• Display of the four lanes ( I think he said “lanes”, not “lines” - I’m not used to hearing people talk with the Oz accent) of automation at around 1:25. This looks useful, to say the least!

• A bit of a demo of the microtunings starting around 2:35. Unfortunately, Tristan noodles too fast for me to hear the flavor of each tuning. I’ll have to check them out in the store.

• Demo of Aphex Twin’s microtunings starting around 3:35. The sequencer is used to demo them, instead of the noodly manual playing, thank goodness.

1 Like

I’m just keeping my fingers crossed in hopes that they somehow find a way to allow us to chain patterns.

Hopefully the manual will be up soon, at least.

Anyone know if patterns on the Minilogue can be triggered over MIDI?

Went on a lunchtime tyre-kicking trip up to Wunjo on Denmark Street and just as I got there they had a boxful of Monologues arriving. :slight_smile:

http://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/e35/16122941_772855286200534_5419217991235534848_n.jpg

Blue is the colour for me, looked great. The classic Korg blue. Very cool looking synth.

The sequencer is where it’s at I think, with the motion recording you can get some really punchy stuff going in no time. It’s like a 303 from another planet.

For me the intrinsic sound is quite Korg-y, bit “rough & ready” maybe? The filter resonance is a bit screechy and the filter itself isn’t the smoothest, but you can get some really fun stuff out of it very easily. And I like its slightly unconventional mindset. At £250 I’d have been tempted, £300’s maybe a bit chunky but I guess we have br*xit to thank for that.

Someone know if you can save your presets sounds and sequences ?

This monologue sounds really nice ! with fx it could be really awesome too

There are 100 storage locations, 80 of which have factory presets (and something like 30 of them are from Aphex Twin).

1 Like

Sequences are stored with the patch. 4 lanes of motion/automation per patch.

1 Like

It’s cheap, could be a funny toy to play monophonic and looks easy to use !

I like the acid sound it makes :smiley_cat:

That’s an interesting point I could be in love haha

The power supply is not included with the machine ?

It’s definitely a lot of fun and very immediate.

It’s not the most sophisticated sounding filter, the envelope generator is a bit limited compared to a proper ADSR, there are no onboard FX and it’s only one 16-step sequence per patch, but it gets a lot out of what it can do.

Couple of small ergonomic things for me, the screws holding the faceplate on stand proud of the surface quite a lot, and I rubbed my hand on them a few times which was a bit uncomfortable. And the knobs have quite a lot of resistance considering how much they want to be tweaked. And also the position marker on them is just a small indent which is really hard to see even in good light.

I like it though. Everyone I’ve seen try it (in a couple of different stores) has said “I want one” within five minutes.

Not sure about a PSU. It does come with batteries.

Edit: Oh, online price is like £269? That’s not bad, but I suppose you have to add a PSU to that.