Korg Gadget on sale for 50% off

Korg Gadget is on sale for only $150. the lowest it’s been since it was released. All the Gadgets can be used as plugins.

I’m pretty excited about this. Purchased immediately. Maybe someone else would be. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Gadget is my desert island app

1 Like

Good heads up, I just got a new ipad, do you think it will remain on sale long though?

1 Like

This is the Mac version - not sure if the iOS version is also on sale.

Just checked it is, apparently until 11/30

2 Likes

iOS is on sale for $19.99 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello guys, I didn’t noticed about this Korg Gadget before!

Never used an Ipad before, but this looks like a very cheap solution to feed my Rytm with some synths for my livesets. I found an ipad2mini for about 170€. I was just wondering if everything run smooth on this model or I have to look for a recent one. And of course, what I need (cables, adapters) to sync ipad with rytm. Anyone can explain this please?

I bought it- it’s pretty cool. I don’t like using the desktop app too much. But I can take all the gadgets and pull them into Ableton and that’s pretty cool.

I’ll have to check on if there’s any immediate integration between the iPad/iPhone version desktop app and Ableton. I’m hoping I can quickly transfer a project from my phone to desktop and from there Ableton. Will probably try tomorrow

2 Likes

Yes. You export from gadget as an als project, opens up with scenes and tracks etc

I thought you can just sync all your Gadget projects via iCloud, so that all your synced iOS devices and desktops will automagically sync all Gadget projects?

I have been waiting for this desktop app discount, will be grabbing it. Finally a sane way to ”flesh out” all those lunch break sketches I’ve made!

btw, I saw preset import/export option in the new gadget update, along with those three new gadgets… So you will be able to share presets, finally.

I sometimes play around with the iPad version and it’s pretty great. The “gadgets” are a ton of fun and sound good, and the sequencer is pretty decent. Bonus of the Mac desktop version is that you get to use all the “gadgets” as separate plugins in your other apps as well.

1 Like

That’s IMO the biggest appeal of Gadget desktop, as you then can finally break free of the 16-bars-max paradigm of the Gadget arranger. Just export your project as MIDI, export all the gadget presets, reopen in your favourite DAW as VST plugins, reload presets, boom

Another thing (for me) that justifies the desktop version - iOdyssey as a VST! So finally there”s a somewhat elegant way to sketch iOdyssey stuff and get the same to the DAW, where I can then choose whether I want to go with the iOdy or the real Ody (havent tried replicating patches visually but will try).

2 Likes

Even without gadget on your mac you export as an ableton project and it renders your scenes in gadget as live scenes, so you open things up the same. Or shove them into the digitakt/ar like i do.

Yeah I know, but for me its vital that I can transfer the stuff without committing to audio.

2 Likes

I commit all immediately, i used to always keep the integrity of everything and print fx separately and save midi files etc but i now i go with my gut and leave less choices.