Kick & Snare, Sounds Design (insight needed)

Hey!

I’ve been practicing sound design and am finding it fun & rewarding while also frustrating.

SOPHIE is amazing at sound design and a complete inspiration. I downloaded her pack from Splice which featured all sorts of one shots. Which helped me better understand and practice sound design ideas.

I took a closer look at the Kick & Snares in a DAW and had some luck replicating some snare sounds with Noise & Reverb which sounded like dollar stock knock offs but I am okay and pleased with that.
The kicks are a different story. I for the life of me can’t synth a decent dry kick using the Monomachine.

I’m wondering if these are made outside of the Monomachine. I’m suspecting possibly Ableton’s Operator Synth which I’ve never used, but after watching a couple youtube tutorials. am hearing similar results. If they’re synthesized on the Monomachine. How??? I can’t get close.

My kicks are sounding like a desperate Sine wave with failing LFO’s and I would appreciate anyone with experiences & insight, on whether it is possible to design a nice kick on the Monomachine + Processing with the likes of SOPHIE in mind and how it may be accomplished.

Regards
Jaja

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: SOPHIE’s sound design (Digitone or Monomachine?)